CHAPTER 2

PART 1

My hands shook as I let go of the door handle.  It swung open and a few nurses stopped and stared.  They tried to usher me out of the room but I refused.

“I want to stay!  You have to let me stay!” I screamed, fighting back tears. 

I glanced and saw that the doctor had taken off his gloves and was throwing in the towel.  I yelled at him to keep trying, but all he would do was ignore me. 

My mother was chatting with the nurse as I wheeled myself over to the side of his bed.  I looked at the medical bracelet on his wrist.  Harry Styles.  I grabbed his scarred, rough hand and started to bawl.  My breaths came short and abrupt and I couldn’t handle the fact that I had killed someone. 

My tear hit his hand with a thud.  It was almost as if I had heard it long before it happened.  The beeping. 

PART 2

It was slow, steady.  I could see his chest heaving with each inhale and exhale.  Nurses rushed around, some on the phone, others checking the machines. 

“What just happened?” I thought.  I whipped my head around to look at my mother, who was looking at Harry with her hand over her mouth, shaking her head in disbelief.

After a while, the nurses told me he was stable and made me leave the room.  They said I they’d phone when I could visit him again.  I begged and pleaded for them to let me stay but they wouldn’t allow it.

I arrived back at my room and heaved myself back into bed.  Oh how I hated that bed.  Scratchy sheets, pillows that weren’t fluffy.  Not to mention the ugly hospital gown that did not compliment my somewhat pale skin tone.

The nurse came in and gave me a dose of painkillers, making me slowly drift away.  My memory can’t recall, but I believe I dreamt of Harry. 

I awoke to the sound of chatter.  I could make out that my mother was there, but there was an unfamiliar deep, boyish British accent that she was exchanging banter with.  My eyes fluttered and my eyesight was clouded, letting me only see blurred shapes and colors.

My eyes adjusted and I realized whom she was talking with.  It was Harry.