Entry 2 [Argument]

It all started with the fight, which was engraved into Noah's memory.

"You never have time for me anymore!" Noah yelled, yanking Shayne's arm away from his body.

"Noah, we hang out all the time!" Shayne argued, trying to keep his composure.

"Bullshit! It's fucking bullshit! You've been hanging around that bitch Courtney more than your own boyfriend!"

It was at that moment Shayne lost his temper. "Don't call her a fucking bitch!" he barked, pushing Noah backwards. "Courtney and I are just friends!"

"Its bullshit again! I know you're fucking that slut behind my back! Everything we have is built on lies!" Noah screamed, slapping Shayne's phone out of his hand. They both watched the screen shatter on the voice.

"We don't have anything anymore, " he growed through gritted teeth as he picked up his phone and left Noah to become a sobbing mess on the floor as he realised he just lost the only person in his life that mattered.

-

Ever since they broke up two months ago, Noah had been a mess.

Bony fingers ran through his greasy hair, momentarily getting caught within tangles of faded brunette locks. Removing his glasses from his face, he wiped his weary eyes before placing his glasses back into their natural habitat on the bridge of his nose. In those two seconds his eyes were shut and his hands were rubbing his eyelids, a long series of brutal images flashed before him.

Torn flesh exposed bloody muscle and tendons as raw as a fresh carcass at a butcher's counter. He saw twisted arteries, smashed bones, torn ligaments, everything. Crimson liquids drenched every object, staining the boy's mind with the crude color.

His eyes were bloodshot from a lack of sleep, accented by deep dark circles that laid beneath the sore peepers. Every time he let his eyelids shut for more than a blink, gut-wrenching images scraped their way into the front of his conscious and burned into his mind sempiternally. Intense nightmares played in his brain like an abandoned cinema that only played horror films whenever he would pass out from sheer exhaustion. Averaging about an hour of sleep a week, he had become a walking corpse. The constant pressure to stay awake was equal to the characters in Nightmare on Elm Street.

"Fuck it, " he muttered lifelessly. He lazily typed out a message on his phone keyboard and dragged a black sweatshirt over his gawky frame. He grabbed both a back of cigarettes and a lighter, sticking both in his pockets. Avoiding the creaky stairs in an effort to not wake his parents, he safely made it out of the door where a blast of bitter air fired his direction. He looked at his ex-boyfriend's response before beginning to move towards his destination.

N: meet me at the park

S: it's literally 3am but okay

Noah's weary limbs moved in an uncoordinated manner as he ran towards the playground. He sat under a streetlight on a bench as he waited for Shayne. He pulled a cigarette out of his pocket and lit it, bringing the death-stick towards his lips. Shayne easily spot the boy, beautifully illuminated by the light source hanging above him. Sitting next to the boy, Shayne asked the question already on his tongue. "What's up?" Something about his tone was off and he gave Noah a strange vibe. Noah ignored it, favoring comfort over investigation.

Noah felt himself begin to break down. He closed his eyes in an effort to stop the tears, but was bombarded by charred skin that housed large amounts of blood beneath the peeling strips. The stranger appeared to be a burn victim with their blistered skin bubbling and spilling pints of the vital liquid. Their face had an expression of pure horror frozen onto their features to be forever tattoed in Noah's memory. Instinctively, Noah's eyelids flashed open as he allowed himself to cry and lean into his ex-boyfriend's chest. "I just can't do this anymore. I barely ever sleep and when I do it's fucking hell. I don't even know what's real anymore. Everytime I close my eyes, images of strangers with sickening injuries plague my mind and I'm tired of it. I just want to be okay again, " he squeaked through a series of broken sobs.