Vingt-neuf

Days have passed and I was released from the hospital. But this time it wasn't just the two of us who left. This time I left with my son in my arms. He was sleeping peacefully as we took him home.

"He's beautiful. I can't take my eyes of him.", he said. "He's also yours.", I exclaimed. "Can we change the route? I want to go with you somewhere differently. Our home isn't going to run away from us.", he said. "Alright, and where do you have in mind?", I asked.

"It's a surprise, món chérie. Can I have him?", he said, whispering his question. He stretched his arms out and I handed him his son. "Hello, my little prince. Mommy and Daddy love you very much.", he said. My heart filled with warmth. He loved his baby boy.

He was something special. Matthieu was a little angel. He would sleep throughout the night and be wide awake during the day. His blue eyes looked like an ocean and I felt like I was drowning in them. My sweet little baby boy.

We reached the Café, where Madame and Gavroche lived. Gavroche had moved in with Evangeline, his girlfriend. "Hello?", Courfeyrac said while we walked inside. "Oh Bonjour my favorite married couple . Oh who's that?", Madame said hugging us.

"This is is our son, Matthieu.", I introduced. Gavroche came down the stairs. "Oh, bonjour Emilia and Courfeyrac.", he said, running towards us. He hugged us tightly. "Who's this?", he asked. "This is your little brother, Matthieu." "Can I hold him?", he asked.

Courfeyrac nodded and handed him the baby. "Oh hello little brother. I will protect you from all the bad in this world. I promise.", he said. Then Evangeline, his girlfriend walked over to him. "You look good with a baby in your arms, Gav." He smiled. "Perhaps one day, my love.", he said.

"You must be Evangeline then.", Courfeyrac said, turning his attention to her. "Oui, Monsieur. I am Evangeline. Madame has given me a job as a waitress here. That's how I met Gavroche. How did you guys meet?", she asked.

"We met 21 years ago. I was a waitress here too and we met here as well. Madame for sure is a match-maker.", I said. Madame laughed. "Evangeline reminds me a lot of you, Emilia. She is just as kind as you are. And she's a pretty good waitress.", Madame said.

"Merci Madame. And I've heard so many good things about you. You sacrificed your life in a Revolution and after you were arrested, you stayed in the palace, just to free them.", she said. "I did what everyone else would've done."

"You saved their lives. Not everyone would've done that. But you did.", she said. Matthieu started crying but was soon calmed down as Gavroche began singing a lullaby. "Oh Gav, he loves you.", she cooed.

"You must be a very happy family then. When was he born?", Madame asked. "25th.", I replied. "Oh, just a few days old. He's precious. Are you hungry?", she asked.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

We were walking home now. Matthieu was asleep once again, holding tightly on my finger. We reached our home in no time and Courfeyrac opened the door, holding it open for me. He closed the door behind me and gripped my shoulders. "Sit down Madame.", he said, "You're tense."

"No I am not.", I said. "Món chérie, you're tired so go to bed now. I command it to you.", he said, taking Matthieu from me. "Alright. I'll do it. I love you so much Alexandre. Words cannot describe how much I love you.", I said. He smiled.

"Sometimes I lie awake and just think of my life. I got to meet the love of my life, I got married or eloped in our case. You gave me a baby. A beautiful baby boy and I don't know how I should thank you.", he said. "I don't need a 'thank you card' when I get you instead.", I said and left the room.

(A/n: I said I was gonna update last night but the internet was so bad and the chapters wouldn't post.)