1st Day of School

Start from the beginning

We got into the cafeteria where most of the students were. As we were walking I saw a small group of girls eying Luke and biting their lips. (Thirsty bitches lol).

"Hey, Luke!" A blonde girl from the group shouted as we passed by them.

"Hi Courtney". Luke said bluntly looking slightly annoyed.

The girl looked at me and whispered to her little clique and just mad dogged me. I just ignored and kept following Luke. We got to a table with three other boys. 'These must be his friends'.

"What's up guys! This is Lola, my new neighbor and she's going to be hanging with us. Is that fine?"

"Yeah of course she can!" a boy with lilac hair said.

"Don't mind at all. And I'm Ashton by the way, this is Calum and the pink one is Michael."

"Really? The 'pink one'? Said Michael, but he didn't take it seriously.

The bell rang to go to first period. I got my schedule that I got when I registrated here, out of my backpack.

Luke asked,  "Can I see your classes?"

"Yeah, sure". I said giving him the paper.

"Wow, you're really smart! All AP classes! We have AP Calculus together right now, so you can follow me." I followed him and he showed me my locker which was just a few away from his. As I closed my locker, he just grabbed my hand and we rushed to 1st period. This boy seemed really excited for math.

I silently laughed at how he was just pulling me along with him. And I was blushing for the twentieth time today. We got into class and I saw that blond girl again. She saw how he was holding my hand and opened her mouth in shock and rolled her eyes. This girl was definitely into Luke.

The teacher saw me and gestured me to come closer to him.

I shook his hand and he said, "Hello, you must be Lola.  I'm Mr. Clark and I'll be your AP calculus teacher. Do you mind telling the class about you?"

Oh god, I'm a shy person and that stupid blonde girl is here along with people I have never seen in my life. "Uh- hello, my name is Lola Baker and I moved here from Northern California. I'm 17 and I love to dance. Umm, yeah" I said while fidgeting with my hands and looking at the floor.

"Show is some dance moves, Baker." Courtney said giving a cocky look.

"Uhh- I pref-" I got interrupted by Mr. Clark.

"We don't have time for that Courtney. Lola, go ahead and sit in that seat in the back". He pointed to a seat by a jock.

I walked to the back and saw Luke looking at me. I smiled and waved at him as I sat down.

As the teacher was giving a lecture, I felt a pair of eyes staring at me. I looked at Luke, but he was busy writing down notes. I looked around and saw the jock staring at me.

"Hello, I'm Zack". The jock whispered to me.

"Hey, I'm Lola" I said shyly. I have to admit, this guy is pretty cute. Green eyes and spiky brunette hair.

"Hey, is it fine if I can have your number? You know, so we can get to know each other better. I would ask to hang out, but I have football practice after school." He said with a smile.

"Oh yeah, sure" I wrote down my number on a slip of paper and it was half way to his hand when Mr. Clark stopped his lecture.

"Passing notes I see, Lola? If you didn't know already, when I catch students passing notes, I like for the student to read aloud the note. So please come up here and tell the whole class what was more interesting than calculus."

Oh no, this is not good. A bad first impression on the first day. And Luke is in the class. Well I'm fucked. I stood up from the chair and walked toward the front of the class. I stared at everyone and read the note.

"Here is my number, text or call anytime, Zack" I said looking at everyone and then the teacher. I looked at Luke and for a second, he kind of looked sad.

"Alright no passing notes in class, lovebirds. Now start taking notes." Lovebirds? I sat down on my see and gave Zack the paper really quick.

Class ended and as I walked out the door, I see that Luke is waiting for me. "That was so embarrasing." I said while he pulled me in for a hug.

"It's alright, it's just your first day, it'll get better." Luke said and smiled.

The rest of the day went fine and after school I see Luke in his car, honking at me to get in. Everyone stares and I just laugh. I hop in the car and he races off.

When we were in front of my house, he stopped the car and looked at me, "I didn't know you were a dancer. What kind of dance?" He asked surprisingly.

"I do contemporary and hip hop". I stated shyly.

"Hip hop?! Damn, you should show me some moves some time!" He sounded excited.

"Well I have to get inside and start my homework". I said while opening the door.

"Alright, Lola. I'll pick you up in the morning. And remember,  we have to make a date so you can make me a good dancer!" He yelled as I reached to my door.

"Sure! How about Saturday?!" I yelled back. He pulled into his drive way and got out of his car.

"It's a date!" He laughed which made me laugh. I opened my door and got inside. The first day of school was alright.