5

"are you going to explain what that was all about?" mackenzie asks as she and johnny walk back into her house. they didn't speak the whole car ride home, mostly because neither of them knew what to say to each other.

johnny ignores mackenzie's questions and instead makes his way upstairs. he's been living with mackenzie for a few months now because of maisy but also because his mom has gotten worse and he didn't want to be around to watch.

"john answer me!" mackenzie demands, putting maisy down in her travel crib for a nap .

she chases after johnny, knowing that maisy will be okay.

    johnny doesn't stop to listen to mackenzie though, instead he rushes into her bedroom and takes out his large duffel bag that he arrived with months ago. mackenzie enters the bedroom as he starts to put his clothes into the bag and other belongings he has such as his laptop, and xbox.

       "johnny what're you doing?" mackenzie mumbles, walking over to the bed.

     he stops after putting in his last few t-shirt's. johnny sighs, turning to see mackenzie who looks beyond confused.

      "i think i'm going to stay at my place place tonight" he tells her, zipping up the bag.

     "what? just because she called you dad?" mackenzie asks, her tone harsh. is he really being this petty about it.

     johnny shakes his head, throwing the strap over his shoulder. he walks back out of the room and down the stairs.

         "answer me!" she yells.

    johnny drops his back at the door and turns to face her, wanting nothing more than to just leave.

        "i don't want to pretend that she's my daughter mackenzie and you shouldn't either" he says calmly.

      she scoffs, "someone's gotta be her parent johnny. you were all for this a year ago, you wanted to help me" she reminds him, anger boiling up inside of her.

      "yeah a year ago kenz! we can't be her mom and dad. i can't be a dad to a kid that isn't even mine" he bites back.

     mackenzie can feel herself tear up from being so angry. "and why the hell not" she screams, past the point of caring if maisy wakes up or not.

    "because i'm a fucking kid myself mackenzie! we literally just graduated today! i have college after the summer and so do you, we can't take care of a child, we aren't ready for this" johnny sighs, picking his bag back up from the floor.

     mackenzie walks closer to him, her arms folded and lip quivering. "fine. if you don't want to be apart of this then leave, i can do it myself" she almost whispers.

         johnny stares at her in disbelief. she's insane if she thinks that she can do it alone. she's insane if she thinks she can do it at all. he can't believe that she's ready to give up on them because of a baby. johnny decides that he doesn't want to argue anymore, instead he nods his head.

     "fine. i guess that's that" he mumbles, opening the door.

        "i guess it is" she repeats.

     johnny shakes his head. he can't believe hat this is how they're ending their two year relationship. because of a baby. because they're both too stubborn to compromise.

      feeling his eyes tear up, johnny walks out of the house, leaving mackenzie and maisy behind. he makes it to his car, throwing in his bag before closing the door.

       "john wait!" mackenzie yells, running towards him. he doesn't have enough time to react before she's cupping his face, connecting their lips. johnny's hands rest on her waist, both their hearts breaking, neither one of them wanting what they have to end.

     mackenzie pulls away, tears streaming down her face. she pecks his lips once more before walking back.

     "bye john".

________________________________________________________________________
lmao go read in the dark