What did I do that night in question?

"Should I have died?"

"Yes," someone blocked the sun by standing in front of me.

Sid.

"Then kill me," meeting her eyes, I challenged her. "You could do it. You could kill me."

"You want me to?" perplexed by my reaction, she moved closer.

"Like I have a choice?" I laughed half-heartedly. "What do I have to live for when you've turned everyone against me?"

Loved ones usually jumped with joy praising the heavens when their patients recovered. Nevertheless, thanks to her moving argument, a downpour met my return.

She smirked and took a seat beside me, "So easily swayed, love and loyalty."

"You're quite the master manipulator," I kept my gaze out front, watching a section soccer match across the field.

"Enough with praising me, it says a lot about them too, don't you think?" She offered me a lollipop, which I declined. "How could they not know the child they raised?"

She was baiting me.

"Tell me everything that happened," I said. "Your abridged version of the truth. But keep the essentials in."

"You want to hear my version of the truth?"

I just shrugged.

"The night we came here another attack was launched against your pack. They created a diversion to take you. They did not care by what means or how many died. They wanted you."

Before I could interrupt, she said, "What's so special about you Arrah Tyler? Why did they attempt to take you again?"

"What do you mean by 'again'?"

"Keeping the charade I see," exasperated, she rolled her eyes before she continued. "I learned that it was the same spot they tried to take to get you out of the territory. Dead or alive, they wanted you with them."

"Dead or alive..." I kept a hand atop my covered scarred chest. "Ms. Randale could have learned a thing or two from them," I chuckled.

"You'd like her to kill you?" She joked. "That's twisted."

I would like her to want me badly.

"What happened next?"

"They stopped them before their head could kill you. Again," she popped the lollipop off her puckered lips. "Not that they failed the first time," she whispered but I caught the words either way.

"They saved me?" I decided to ignore it.

"Nobody saved you," she said. "You saved yourself."

I wanted to know why. "How?"

"Dark magic," she was looking at me as if searching for my soul. "A strong one at that. You cast it while you were unconscious and sent the man flying, thrusting the knife meant to kill you into his own chest."

"I have magic?" I laughed. "If I really had it, don't you think I would have used it to save me from all my troubles? Heal me first."

"Dark magic doesn't heal. It kills," she stated.

"How can you tell it was evil?" How can she be so sure? "I protected myself against someone who wishes me harm. Was that so wrong?"

She thought of her words answering, "I know you merely protected yourself."

"And I hear a 'but' coming."

"It's not the way you used it," She said. "It was the feeling it gave off when you did. It sent chills down my spine. The power that burst from you was cold. It contained rage. Had you lost control, you could have indiscriminately killed everyone present. All of us sensed it. Anyone in the immediate vicinity could. The display of your power left a bitter and scary wave."

I was a menace. The Alpha must have believed so hence the guards and the twenty-four-hour surveillance. "Why not lock me up as you said?"

"Only your Alpha could answer that," she sighed. "You're a force to be reckoned with. Imagine an unstable nuclear bomb with no kill switch. Deadly and unstoppable, that is what you are, Arrah Tyler. They are endangering everyone by keeping you free. Anyone and anything could trigger your explosion."

All that I could say was, "Sucks to be me."

"My sentiments exactly," she carelessly threw her lollipop stick on the grass. "Dead or alive, you'll have a pitiful life and so will everyone around you. You're putting everyone in grave danger."

She was taking liberty with my life, "So you'd rather have me dead?"

"Law of numbers," she shrugged. "One life over millions, the choice was pretty easy. Your pack would move toward the same conclusion, unfortunately."