Just Another Fall Day

Start from the beginning

Needless to say, she was an effortless beauty.

     Finally, Hyebin collected herself and waved Yeonwoo off, "It's alright, the shop's been pretty dead today. Just go to the back and change up."

     "You got it boss," she says as she leaves us to jog around the counter and disappears behind the doors to the back. This whole time, my eyes trailed Yeonwoo and every step she took before her figure left. But then, I felt a nudge on my shoulder and a napkin patting the corner of my mouth.

     "Sorry bro, you got some drool over there," Daisy quietly teases. I hit her playfully on the shoulder but I felt all the heat travel to my face in embarrassment. After putting the napkin down, she leans by my ear and whispers, "it's alright Nancy, I won't tell anyone."

I look at her dead in the eye with a frown, "What do you mean?"

     She quietly chuckles and shakes her head, "Ya, you make it super obvious. I saw it from a mile away. The way you look at her, the way your mood shifts every time she's in the room. Everything about her has some kind of affect on you."

     In all honesty, I don't really know how I truly feel when it comes to Yeonwoo. At first, I thought it was admiration or some kind of infatuation; but now, I feel like its kind of grown from that. She makes me happy and we literally go out and talk about anything and everything - but I thought those were things that best friends do?

     Even if my feelings were something more, I don't know if I'd want to risk pushing her away because of an impulsive confession.

Fuck me in the ass...

"I don't know Daisy, it's complicated," I admit with a shrug.

     "I get where you're coming from," she replies with a sad smile, "but hey! There's always time to figure shit out. I'm sure you'll know soon enough."

I hope so too.

"Hey guys, what are you talking about?"

     We turn towards the voice and came face to face with Yeonwoo who was on leaning on the counter a few steps away from us - only now, she had her hair tied up in a high ponytail and was wearing her round, thin framed glasses.

"Woah, since when did you get the glasses Yeonwoo?" Daisy wonders.

     "Umm, maybe two weeks ago? I'm not really sure, I don't wear them much because I use contacts," she says with a shrug. Yeah, its been about two weeks since she's gotten them - how do I know? I helped her pick it out.

     "Ohh, okay that makes sense. And nothing - we were just talking about Jooe and Hyebin."

     Yeonwoo giggles and whispers, "You see it too, right? They are soooo whipped for each other. Don't really know why Hyebin won't admit it, it's so obvious." Then she walks behind me and lays her arms around my neck and lays her chin on my head. She's so warm...

Yeonwoo kind of jerks back a little after she felt me shivering slightly, "Are you cold?"

"No, no, I'm-"

     "Give me a sec," and the next thing I knew, she runs to the back of the store and comes out while tossing me one of her pullovers, "just wear this." I slipped it on and although it was huge on me, I couldn't help but snuggle into the sweater because it was so warm and it smelled just like her. I turn to Daisy and she gives me a devilish smirk and mocks me with a wink.

     A few moments later, Hyebin runs out in excitement, heading in our direction with her phone in hand, "Guys! You won't believe it - three of my closest friends from college are coming to visit! These fuckers - they didn't tell me when they'd arrive, but I'm so excited to introduce them to you guys!"