i3

your pov

I passed the two mile mark, still in first. i only had one mile to go and everything was hurting.

i began to slow down slightly and saw the girl that had been on my tail the entire time pass me and stride for about twenty steps to gain a lead.

i began to cry and felt my stomach jolt in pain, my motivation began to leave.

i only had about a few strides left in my motivation.

my stomach roared and i bent my neck and threw up all over myself. cross country was going to be the death of me.

me and my best friend ran together and she was currently behind me in third. i knew she was, that's always how it went. i came in second and a few seconds later, there she was.

the girl who just passed me, always beats me towards the end, ending everything for me. i always ranted about her to my boyfriend jaeden, he probably could recognize her in public just as well as me.

jae was supposed to be here, but i havent seen him on the course yet.

i ran by my coach, "cmon kid! just half a mile left! you can get her!"

i picked up my stride for a moment before throwing up on myself again and slowing back down. finally, i look and see jaeden.

"cmon baby! i know you want this! get her baby!" he picked up his pace and ran along side me as i sped up.

"lets go y/n, get her! i believe in you, princess! i'll be waiting at the end for your win!" he yelled as he left.

"i can do this," I whispered to myself, my sobs filling the air around me.

i began my stride and caught up to the girl, we were neck and neck.

we both began sprinting at the same time and o heard cheers from everyone. especially my team.

i gave it everything i had and i felt the vomit coming up again. I threw up to my left and hit the girl and she backed away, causing everyone to cheer.

i crosses the finish line and immediately fell to the ground and threw up over and over again before the guys at the end lifted me out of the chute and held me until jaeden got me.

he held me up as my vision was blurry and i threw up. he held my water and we hugged me immediately.

"you did it baby! im so proud," he smiled and i smiled in return before i sat on the ground and my friends greeted me.

it was soon time for awards, they started with thirtieth. all the way to first.

"and finally, the raymore high school cross country course new record holder, and our 5th state qualifier today, y/f/n y/l/n!"

i smiled and walked to him and took the small trophy and the bracket.

"yes! that is my girlfriend! suck on that! woo hoo! way to go baby!" a few awes in the crowd before a shook everyone's hand and took a picture.

i walked down to jaeden.

"let me go put on another shirt, nobody really wants to see my–"

"here take my sweatshirt!" he slid it off and i put it on.

my older brother came over, "okay, so i got the finishing picture, sis!" He airdropped it to me and jaeden. it showed us hugging while jaeden held my water.

he posted it to "show me off" as he says.

@jaedenwesley; my baby only takes first💪🏼