Country Concerts and Goodbye Kisses

Start from the beginning

Louis laughed before kissing her nose.

Melina swatted him away before grabbing his bag to shove it inside. “You are absolutely audacious Louis Tomlinson!”

“You’re not scaring me away with big words Melina.” Louis quipped as he strolled in after her. 

Melina turned her head to glare at him.  “Freight train is what you are.”

Louis faked a ‘who me’ look before going to Melina’s fridge to grab a drink.  “So what exactly are we doing?” He asked opening the can of soda. 

Melina looked at him, peering closely.  “Eva didn’t tell you?”

“No?”

For the first time a grin appeared on Melina’s lips. She cocked her head to the side, smiling wide. “Country fair, country concert.” Melina shrugged innocently.

Louis almost choked on his drink. 

~~~

The drive to the fair was almost forty minutes as they had to get out of the city.  The whole way was a battle of the wills as Louis and Melina talked, or more often than not, argued about the most random of subjects.  The latest was on the usefulness of Toms, in which Melina was not in the slightest bit impressed by the ‘overpriced’ house slippers and Louis fought hard to defend his chosen favorite brand. 

Despite it all, they both made each other laugh as they got to know one another's  likes and dislikes.  Though sometimes Louis swore that Melina was only saying some of the things, just to get under his skin, but rather than backing down, Louis had a grand time firing back at her. He couldn’t help but laugh as Melina often used big words.  He’d never had such an intelligent and in-depth conversation with someone in his life about such topics like MacDonald’s and soccer, or football for him. 

~~~

Louis glanced over at Melina as the auburn haired spit fire sang to every song, well almost every song. 

Grey irises glanced up at him, happiness filling them.  He smiled back before grabbing her waist to wrap his arms around her. 

“Not a chance, you haven’t even asked me on a date.” Melina said turning to look at him, her hands on her hips. 

Louis gaped. "Hey, I-” 

“You never asked the girl on a date?” Some nosey woman beside them asked turning to look at them. 

Louis’ eyes widened as Melina gave him an innocent look.  “Well, actually I did once but my mates decided to crash our dinner.” He said turning to the nosey woman, but the woman barely heard a thing he said as she stared at him. 

“Are you British?” the woman asked her attention only on Louis now. 

“Yes actually.” Louis said unsure. 

“Can I have a picture with you?” The woman suddenly asked, standing quite close to Louis now. 

“Sure,” Louis said grinning, even country fans knew him!

“See even country people like me!” He whispered to Melina as she was given the camera. 

“Country people really?” Melina said looking at him before rolling her eyes. 

Louis grinned before he went to pose with the woman. 

“Thank you so much, I’ve always wanted to take a picture with a foreigner, one of my bucket lists completed!” The woman grinned.  “Thanks young man, so what’s your name?”