Chapter 3

After school, you walk to your locker to grab and put away the things you don't need. I actually love being smart because it means no homework for me, you thought to yourself. Mixing and moving things in your locker you get a text, who's texting me? OMG, could it be him?

Travis:

I have detention again, sorry Lyric. Head home without me, okay?

Lyric:

What did you do this time? Did you stick a nerds head in the toilet again?

Travis:

Lol, I wish I did. Didn't do my AC Calculus homework again.

You smiled at Travis's reply and placed your phone back in your pocket, walking home again. You closed your locker door and made your way towards the front doors.

--

Walking down the streets you pull out your headphones and plug them into the phone. Scrolling through the playlist, which has 200 songs so far, you place your finger on Butterfly by BTS. (Yes, she listens to K-Pop. Fight me!) Even though you pass many people in the street you can't help but sing along to the song.

On your walk home, your stomach rumbles loudly. Are you hungry my little tummy, you laugh internally. Instead, of walking straight you turn down 16th Avenue to a small convenience store that almost no one goes too besides the people in the bad side of town. Entering the store, the owner greets you with a smile.

Walking endlessly around the store wondering what you were hungry for you reach for your wallet in your backpack. Running your hand in the backpack you feel nothing but books, notebooks, and a laptop. Did I forget my wallet again? Oh well, looks like it's back to the good old day. You look up at the security mirror that's in the corner that shows the checkout counter with the owner standing there. Come on, go do something in the back for a few minutes please, you say to yourself. Finally, a miracle happened, the owner walks to the back room to take inventory. You head to the chip aisle, grabbing two bags of chips, you stuff them quickly into your backpack without making a sound. Next, you walk over to the sodas and grab a couple for your backpack. Taking one last look into the mirror you make your way out the door and down the road to the house. I forgot how exciting it is to steal. That was fun, I should forget my wallet more often!

--

Opening the door to your house, you find your mom sitting on the couch watching TV. She pauses the TV and turns towards you with a smile on her face.

"Hello, sweetheart! How was your day?" She asked.

You grind, "It was normal. Passed all my tests, no homework, and I'm just waiting to get out of here."

Mom laughed, "Good for you! You're so smart, where did you get your brain from?"

You frowned, "From my real mom. She was really smart, she went to Harvard."

Mom smiled, "Good for her, she must have been a big influence on you. So, where's Travis?"

You smirked, "Detention again. He didn't do his AC Calculus homework again, like always."

Mom frowned, "He never does his homework. He says it's because he doesn't understand it. You should help him if your a genius and all."

You frowned at that word, Genius, oh how that word was such a light in your life. That word was such a wonderful word, it made you remember the great time you spend with your Genius until he gave you away like some type of idiot.

--

After a few hours passed, you were in your room jamming out to BTS, BlackPink, EXO, and NCT 127, etc. With many dance moves later you heard a knock at your door. Who is interrupting my concert session? Opening the door, you see Travis standing there with his AC Calculus book and homework sheet in hand.

"Mom told me you could help me with my homework," Travis said.

You smirked, "Well... a tutoring session is gonna cost you."

Travis looked up in shock, "What? How much?"

You thought about your price, " 20 bucks even for one tutoring session."

Travis gritted his teeth, 'You little-"

You stuck out your hand, "Not so fast. If you're not gonna pay me then you can just fail and never graduate."

Travis let out a big huff, "Fine! Only because I like you."

You smiled and opened your door wider, "And you're the only one I like too."