Chapter Ten - Answered Questions

Recap

He sighed and held me tighter "Rest now, little lamb. I'm here."

I nodded and immediately fell asleep in Brett's arms.

***********************

Celena

"Well you seem to be fine now" Miranda said stepping back and collecting her stuff "the fever has broken and you're cuts will heal in time. the bullet wound is superficial and just a deep scratch but I would advise to rest your arm and not move it much for a week or so"

"Thanks" Brett said sitting up "Must've been hard for you to have to fix up someone you hate"

"I'm a doctor" Miranda said "I don't walk away when there's a chance I can help someone...even if he is a hunter"

Miranda left shortly after and I sat alongside Brett. I had told him what had happened since we became apart and he told me he didn’t feel these people were a threat. I hadn’t talked to Taylor or been alone with him since Brett was brought in and I didn’t know if I should.

“Hey, you okay?” Brett asked, snapping me out of my daze. He looked worried; he was constantly worried about me I noticed. I think he felt bad for leaving me to fend for myself once I told him how hard it was before these people took me in and although I told him more than once he had to, I could tell it would take a while.

“I’m fine” I said with a smile that faded once I saw what he was doing “Brett, you aren’t supposed to get up” I said as I hastily ran over to him

“I can’t stay in bed” Brett said giving me a reassuring grin. “Come on, let’s have a look around I hesitated and he noticed “Hey, I won’t let anyone hurt you.”

I smiled and nodded, Brett would always protect me. He stood upright and took my hand and led me out the door only to run into Damon. “And where were you planning on going” Damon said with narrowed eyes. Brett remained smiling but subtly shifted me behind him

“Just looking around” Brett said calmly “I’m guessing you have a few questions for me”

Damon nodded and turned around, obviously expecting us to follow. Brett squeezed my hand in reassurance and we followed Damon down the stairs till we reached the living room. I saw familiar faces there, except Taylor. I sat down next to Brett

“First things first” Brett said “I’d like some food Celena. It’s my understanding she hasn’t eaten in a while”

“Don’t need you to tell us that” Taylor grumbled walking in the room with a plate in his hands. He placed the plate in front of me on the table, gave me a feeble smile and went to sit down on the sofa across from us, next to Jason and Chase.

“Now, there’s a reason this isn’t being held in the cell” Damon said, his eyes going to me “But we’re going to want details. So for her sake, I advise she goes with Ren and Kenzie while we talk”

At that sentence I cringed and scooted even closer to Brett. He looked at me and I could tell he saw the panic on my face at the thought of leaving. He sighed and reluctantly answered Damon “She stays” he said and then nudged me “Eat” I immediately picked the plate up and started nibbling at the food on it. It felt great after not eating for two days.

“Fine” Damon said “let’s start with a simple question. How long did the hunters have her?”

“Since she was a few months old” Brett answered and I watched as horror took over the face of everyone in the room.

“How did they manage to kidnap a baby from the middle of a pack? Even if there was a battle the kids are sent to a different pack or are put in a safety room no hunter could enter” Jason said in shock, his eyes flickering to me