EIGHT

Violetta ignored her phone ringing in her jacket pocket as she drove slowly down the streets of the city. The lights were bright, and cars were parked, and it seemed as the only person on the road was her.

It was a lot safer driving than walking in the cold. She parked beside the sidewalk and stepped out of her car and walked to the buzzer box. She pressed the button that had LV beside it.

"Hello? Who is it?" She heard León's voice over the speaker. She took a deep breath before pressing the button to talk.

"It's Violetta. Can we talk?"

"What are you doing here?" León asked through the speaker.

"I want to talk," Violetta responded. "I'm not leaving until you buzz me up. It's really cold outside, so if you don't want a Violetta-sized popsicle outside your apartment building, then I suggest that-"

"Fine! Come up," León interrupted, and Violetta heard a click, signifying the door was unlocked. She pushed it open, and waved at the doorman sitting behind the desk, and ran towards the stairs.

She stopped at the third floor, and walked down the hall, knocking on León's door. She heard shuffling and the door unlocking and León opened the door. He was wearing pajamas.

"Why weren't you answering my phone calls?" Violetta asked when she stood in León's apartment. "Specifically mine, because you answered right away when Camila called."

"You really drove here to ask why I wasn't answering your phone calls?" León questioned. "I'm sorry, but usually when you reject someone asking you out, you don't call them the next day."

"That doesn't explain why you didn't come tonight," Violetta added. "I planned everything, I even put your favorite christmas movie on the list, had Diego pick up a Hawaiian pizza, I had everything planned and you decided to skip out."

"Did you really expect me to come tonight after you rejected me?" León asked.

"You could have texted me. Or anyone else, that you weren't coming. It's the least you could've done," Violetta told León.

"So you came all this way to yell at me?" León questioned.

"I'm not yelling," Violetta yelled. "We need to talk, like seriously. More like, I need to talk to you. And you need to listen, because it's really important." León was going to talk, but Violetta kept talking. "I like you, León. Like really like you. I just didn't realize it until after."

"Vio-"

"Federico and I were engaged," Violetta interrupted. "And I thought or dreamt, or whatever, that he and I would get back together and get married. Because who doesn't think that with their first boyfriend and first love? But last night he told me he and Ludmila were getting serious. He wants to tell her about Emily, our daughter, and that's when it hit me that we weren't ever getting back together.

"And then you came outside and asked me out. And I said no, and left you outside. And you left, and Camila came into my bedroom and we talked. I realized that I do have feelings for you, and that all my feelings for Federico are gone, and he'll only ever be my best friend from now on.

"And I wanted you to know the truth before he and I tell everyone about us and our daughter. Because you deserve to know the truth before anyone else, and that I have a surprise for you."

León looked at Violetta as he took in everything. It felt as he was taking in so much information that his head would explode. León watched as Violetta took a small green thing from her pocket, and lifted it above herself and León.

"I understand if you don't want to follow the mistletoe tradition, but we are under the mistletoe together," Violetta said. León pulled Violetta closer, brushing her hair away from her face, leaning closer to Violetta. Impatient, Violetta crashed her lips into León's.

⛄️❄️🎄🎁

⛄️❄️🎄🎁

Epilogue is next, and my first Christmas fanfiction is finished!