After finding out the reasons why Myah was sometimes so closed off, and always anxious about returning home. The meaning behind the bruises and scars she would try to hide with makeup and long clothing throughout the years. Christian made a silent promise to her that he would never let anyone hurt her like that again.

(Present day) Myah's POV

"Okaaay. What about this one?" I stepped out of the dressing room, showcasing my dress to Christian. The two of us were at one of my favorite clothing boutiques in the whole of L.A, shopping for a dress for me to attend one of my close friend's fashion show. This was my third pick and I really, really liked this one. It showed a good amount of legs, and outlined my curvy figure. Christian didn't like the other's I tried on so I was hoping he'd like this one.

Most people would agree that I should probably get a woman's opinion on my dress but I didn't have much of those. But i did have my best friend who actually had great taste.

Christian looked up from his phone, taking in my attire after I walked out and cleared my throat.

"I don't like it." He stated simply.

My face immediately fell at his words. I really liked this dress and was hoping that he did too. I was secretly beginning to regret asking him to help me shop for a dress. He had a problem with each one I tried on.

"What? Why Chris? I really like this one." I pouted doing a spin in the mirror loving the way the dress hugged my killer curves.

"It's waaaay too revealing queenie." He retorted with a firm stare.

I sighed giving myself a once over. He wasn't wrong about that. The dress had mesh going all the way down my middle. My boobs and front were covered by a black patterned applique.

"But I don't find it's showing that much Chris...and I'll be seated for most of the night, no one would really see. I just really like this one Chris...please can I wear it?" I tried to reason with him but to no avail.

"I don't care. I said it's too revealing and I don't like it." He shrugged not moved by my pleas.

I sighed defeatedly but obeyed nonetheless. I wasn't surprised anymore. My best friend had always been this way ever since I met him. His controlling ways weren't that apparent when we  were younger but as soon as we hit high school, it came on full blast. He was like this menacing guard dog that stayed by my side scaring off anyone who even looked at me funny.

He was always trying to protect me from someone or something, regardless of my objections.

However, I learned to accept him and all his controlling and overprotective ways. I believed it to be his way of making sure I was safe. Ever since I exposed him to the real me back when we were younger, he'd never left my side since.  He was the only other person aside from my therapist that  I trusted with all my secrets. He knew me inside and out.

Most people thought we a couple by the way we acted. Although I would never admit that I had the biggest crush on him before, I mean Christian was far from ugly and I couldn't prevent my teenage hormones from acting up thus making me crush  on him. Now that we were both older I've come to accept that he only saw me as his best friend, a little sister maybe.

Besides, I didn't want to ruin the great friendship that we have.

"Okay."  I sulked going back to the dressing room to change. Whilst changing out of the dress with disappointment, I heard a knock on the door.

"Can you poke your head out for a second?" Christian asked.

Maybe he changed his mind? I prayed that was true but knowing him I highly doubted it.

"I just got a call and I gotta go back to the studio now...Can you finish shopping without me? It's not an emergency but my help is needed." He asked after I poked half my body through the door. Damn he didn't change his mind.

"I'll be okay Chris." I nodded with a smile

"Are you sure? I could always cancel-."

"Gooo Chris." I playfully rolled my eyes at him. There he goes again. It still made me happy at the fact that he was willing to put me first before his work. 

"I'm a big girl...I'll be fine." I  assured him. He was always the one to worry about me. I knew he meant good but sometimes it was endearing.

"Okay well...Here." he fished into his pocket for his wallet and pulling out some bills and handing them to her. "This should cover the dress that you decide to buy."

"Chris you don't have to I can pay for it myself." I said refusing to take the money from him. I made enough profit to be able to by myself a dress. He always liked doing things for me.

"Queenie, just take it okay?" He urged using the nickname he coined for me since we were younger, with a handsome smile on that beautiful face of his.

"No. I said I could manage. I'll pay for it." I huffed trying to sound intimidating. I bet I looked like a little kitten to him.

"Myah." He said firmly as if daring me to refuse him. Feeling brave today I decided to take him head on. I folded my eyes and raised a brow silently challenging him.

My brave face only lasted seconds before I caved.

"Arrrrgh...fine." I sighed defeatedly. He wouldn't let me hear the end of it if I didn't take the money.

"Don't choose anything I wouldn't choose." He said with a triumphant smile but I could also hear the firm warning in it.

"I won't." I rolled my eyes playfully.

After placing a light kiss to my forehead like he always did,  he bid me goodbye and left the store.

I  let out a heavy breath, pouting at my figure in the mirror. I really liked the damn dress.

so  here we are again, Rereaders would notice a few changes but i will still list them

-Miranda's name changed to Myah

-The story is now in first person not third person although some parts ,may be in the future.

-I added a little more detail and would be adding more throughout the story.

Thank you. Votes and comments would be appreciated.