Anger

Having his eyes covered so he couldn't see was far from pleasant, yet Jet agreed with Lee.

Blindfolding him had more to do with Jet not finding out the secrets Lee and his uncle kept from him than a method of preventing whatever was currently happening to him. He also found himself miffed at the idea of anything of theirs touching him, yet there he was with Lee's belt wrapped around his eyes. He hated being aware of what went on around him yet not seeing what they were doing to him either.

Not seeing didn't prevent him from hearing, yet he couldn't figure out why Mushi asked Lee if he were an Earthbender. In the back of Jet's mind, he knew he wasn't, yet the question seemed utterly ridiculous; so was the idea of staying with Lee and Mushi. Jet mentally told himself he would get out of here and back with Smellerbee and Longshot when he found himself back on his feet.

Then Mushi shoved some sort of appalling substance into his mouth.

His first mental reaction was regarding the pain he felt from having something shoved into his mouth involuntarily again, yet the taste was, in fact, not to his liking, and thus it ended up spit out. Jet registered the fact how he spat the food out was how a young child might do so, yet he wondered if the substance was, in fact, some poison.

The next spoonful went in, and Mushi clamped his jaw shut, yet he heard Mushi make a soothing sound as if he were attempting to get Jet to swallow. Something told Jet the old man would persist until he drank it, yet he found the muscles in his mouth unwilling to eat, which made him feel as if he were drowning until he let air in through his nose.

Mushi noticed and placed his other hand gently on his throat, letting it warm up slightly, resulting in a slight whimper from the pleasant sensation. Yet, in the back of Jet's mind, he knew the change in temperature in Mushi's hands indicated the man warmed his hands with the use of Firebending, which in turn made Jet feel invaded by the touch.

The old man kept it up, putting the possible poison down his throat as if it were medicine, yet eventually, he stopped his ministrations, and Jet heard the bowl set down on the ground. He wondered if Mushi thought him asleep given that he used his Firebending ability, yet an even scarier thought occurred; Mushi used Firebending knowing full well Jet was cognitive of what was happening.

Then came the threat of a gag, but overhearing the old man said he wanted to gag him made Jet irritated that he agreed with Lee about tying him up, for why shouldn't he tie up the enemy? The old man certainly shouldn't care that the enemy had another seizure either, yet much to Jet's dismay, he heard Lee offer to stay behind. He overheard Lee lie about feeling sorry for the shop being wrecked, for there was no way a Firebender would ever be sorry.

He heard Mushi leave, and Lee settle down, and soon his soft breath echoed through the room.

It dawned on him then Mushi let Lee's actual name slip. The young Firebender's name was Zuko. Something in the back of Jet's mind told him he should know that name, yet he couldn't remember where or when he had heard the name before. Despite now remembering things such as who he was, other things remained in a fog.

He also thought about the scar on Zuko's face, and his mouth curled slightly. When they first met, he'd thought Zuko received the scar when the Fire Nation attacked his village, yet that idea went out of Jet's mind when he realized the two were Firebending. The idea of a Firebender getting burnt bothered him, yet Jet never focused on why.

Jet also didn't care that Mushi lost his son in the war, or so he kept trying to tell himself. Over and over, as he found himself stuck in the blackness, trying to regain his strength, he tried telling himself he didn't care, but whatever Mushi shoved down his throat made him feel better. He sat up despite feeling slightly dizzy, pulled the offending cloth away, and tossed it onto the ground.