Chapter One

It's been god knows how long since I crash landed on this island. I still lived in the plane, but I was no longer the weak little girl that watched her father die all those years ago. The plane was my house, but the island was my home. I had a garden outside full of vegetables and fruits from the island. Ever since my father died and I ran out of provisions that we brought to the island, I became a strict vegetarian not wanting to kill any of my animal compatriots.

Surprisingly my clothes still fit, but just barely. Today I changed into a pair of cargo shorts, which used to be my mom's, and a brown tank top. None of my shoes fit and all my mom's weren't exactly made for the jungle, so no shoes for me. My long bleach blonde hair lay in waves all the way down to my mid-back.

I pull a dark green hood onto my shoulders. I made it years ago once I realized that there were no other seasons beside summer. It used to be a sweatshirt, but I cut it off so it ended right under my boobs and had no sleeves. It had two straps to keep everything in place. It also covered the scars that would've shown if I had just worn a tank top.

I pull my quiver over my head; tighten around my chest and slipping a katana through my belt loop. Grabbing my bow I leave the plane to do my daily rounds around the mountain. Even though I was a vegetarian, there were a few animals I couldn't tame and therefore had to kill. I would give the meat to the dactyls figuring they loved the stuff.

Making it to the top of the mountain I take the time to look around the island, the place I called my home. Looking at the trees, I eeny-meeny-miney-moe which path I wanted to take. From the top of the mountain and all over the place I had used equipment from the plane and vines to create a zip line system of sorts.

Just as I was about to zip down to the river, an explosion rattles the earth beneath me. I turn around to see about ten or more helicopters flying over the island. I watch as they drop bombs into the islands bedrock, destroying my beautiful home. Aside from the explosions I heard music coming from a larger helicopter.

"No!" I shout and watch as Kong makes his way towards them. I watch as one of the bombs drop right toward my plane. I quickly turn around knowing the blast would be fatal for me if I was any closer.

I pull my still covered katana out of my belt loop and hook it over a wire leading down to the south side of the island away from the bombs. I hold on for dear life as I swing down to the ground. I hear Kong's cries and look to my left to see the helicopters attacking the islands king.

Suddenly I hear a helicopter above me and look up to see it crashing through the trees. I let go of my katana with one hand and fall to the ground rolling out of the way. The impact of the helicopter hitting the ground propels me farther away from the crash site.

My head pounds and a deafening ring fill my ears as I sit up. My vision clears and I see people from the helicopter quickly get out and make sure everyone was okay. I crawl behind a tree, my head still pounding but I ignore it as I climb the tree. The ground wasn't safe right now, not with Kong throwing his tantrum.

Situating myself on a thick branch, I slip my katana back into my belt loop and take off my quiver, bow and hood. I prop them against the trunk of the tree and look down at my shoulder to see a large bruise already forming.

Hearing the sound of leaves crunching, I look back to see two black men and an Asian woman run towards the crashed helicopter. Looking back at the survivors below me, I make out an army boy no older than 25, a woman with a camera, and a tall man with slicked back hair and a gun holster around his shoulders.

I pull my hood back on before pulling on my quiver and keeping my bow ready in hand. I listened at the little army boy with a red bandana talk into some sort of radio, desperately trying to call for help.

"I repeat, is anybody airborne?" He voice shakes with the last word. His accent was foreign, unlike the next man who spoke. His accent was just like mine, British.

"They're all down," Man with slicked back hair says. "Everyone. We are on the south side of the island. There is a river a couple klicks from here. If we stick to its bank, we make it to the EXFIL site on the north shore." He sure knew what he was talking about.

"And then what?" The black man in a strange blue coat speaks up. "All our choppers are down."

"We'll find a way to signal the ship," British man says. "They'll send a search party. We just have to make it by the exit window."

"I should be sitting at a desk," Blue coat mumbles and walks off.

"Are we just not gonna talk about this?" Army boy exclaims. He was obviously scared shitless, I was too when I first crash landed here.

"My best guess is we're scattered over a 4 to 5 mile radius," British man says. "We must head north and join anyone we find. Are you alright?" He asks the lady with a camera. They had a connection; anybody with two eyes could see it.

"I don't know how to answer that question right now," She says, her voice shaking.

"I don't know what that thing was either," British man says. She whispers something to him and walks off. Army dude just freaks out even more, his voice cracking in the process. They were all idiots, and now they were my responsibility without even knowing it.