Chapter 1: attack

"Jack!!! Wake up!" Rrrgh... Doesn't anyone knock these days? I open my eyes, and yawn, stretching my arms. as my eyes adjusted to the light, I saw Tim, the guide waving his arms at me like some deranged squid.

"Jack! There's possessed armours trying to knock down the door!" He squawked. "Rrrmm... Sure." I grumble. Ever since I killed the wall of flesh, all of these hardmode monsters took my NPC's by suprise, they can't really handle tough monsters without me.

I grabbed my goggles of my bedside table and strapped them over my head. A series of loud bangs came from the door-room... Followed by a clang as Andre, the arms dealer hit an intruding possessed armour over the head with a adamantite hammer.

"Hurry! We can't keep them back for much longer!" Andre yelled to me, hitting yet another possessed armour over the head. I grabbed my mega-shark lazily and hobbled put of bed.

"I'm coming," I said. "Just need some ale to wake me up." Andre's face of stress twisted into a face of pure rage, "ALE?!! AT A TIME LIKE THIS?!!" He roared. I snatched an ale of the dining room table and chugged it all in one gulp, a surge of energy ran through me. "Let's dance."

"Let go of the door!" I yelled ahead to Andre and the others. They released the door, three possessed armours all fell to the ground, as they had been pressed up against the door when the NPC's released the door.

I smiled, pulling the mega-shark's trigger. A spray of bullets shot out of the barrel, insta-killing all of them. I stopped firing, and kicked the limp suits of armour out of the house. "That was easy." I smirked.

"Is it safe?" Said a voice from the floor. "Yes, yes it is. Can you get some breakfast started? I'm famished." I said. The NPC's who had hidden in the panic room in the floor flooded out. Jenna, the nurse and Rose, the dryad went to the kitchen and started to make breakfast and the others went off to do whatever they do.

I put my mega-shark back on the weapons rack, and called Dave, the merchant. Dave came out of his room, carrying a clipboard. "So, what's on the agenda today?" I asked. Dave peered closely at his clipboard, "feeding the bunnies in the rehab Center, replanting some trees, replacing the door,brushing your hair, and killing a hardmode boss."

I thought for a moment, and decided on my hair. I walked outside, plucking a passing green slime from the ground. I put it on my hair and squeezed it. Gel spurted out of it, and onto my head... A perfect hair gel.

I threw the slime away, and pulled out a comb made from a stick and worm teeth. But before I could start combing... The ground started to tremble.

I dropped my comb and struggled to keep my balance, and suddenly a giant, shiny worm-shaped figure burst out of the ground and peered at me with large red eyes... The destroyer.