Chapter Seven

A/N: Surprise! I'm alive and figured you guys deserved a new chapter! Again, sorry I suck so much. Hopefully, this isn't too bad. It's short and I didn't do any grammar to spelling checks so I'm sorry about that! 

"You can't have been the first vampire to reveal themselves to a human. Do they really go after everyone who they know has revealed themselves?" Bella asked. It had been a few hours since Alice's vision and all of the Cullen's -excluding the two currently missing- were gathered in the sitting room.

"No, not necessarily. Aro is a collector of our kind, specifically those of us who have gifts. Aro has yet to acquire someone with Alice's abilities, so he looks for any possible reason to come after them. Generally, he offers them a place in his guard, in place of death. Most would prefer to live as a member of the guard rather than die." Carlisle answered. Bella nodded, now realizing why everyone looked so concerned, though she was curious about how Carlisle knew so much about their leaders.

"Carlisle was with the Volturi for quite a while, so he knows a lot about how they work," Alice answered Bella's unspoken question.

"This is why Edward and Rosalie were so upset when I started to be around you. Despite the fact that they knew you were coming, they still wanted me to stay away. You see, the Volturi know that I'd never join them while my family is alive. Most gifted vampires don't have such close familial bonds, so rather than making me choose between my life and joining the guard, they would destroy my family and I'd be left with joining the guard. I'd have no reason not to at that point. Rosalie and Edward were scared for their lives, as well as Edward's previous experience with exposing ourselves to a human." Alice explained. It all clicked for Bella now, Rosalie's glares and Edwards harsh comments. They were trying to subtly chase her off with their cold and unfriendly attitude.

As soon as Alice finished speaking, Rosalie walked through the door and all eyes were on her. Carlisle and Esme both looked angry, as well as relieved, just as any parent would should their child vanish. Every other person in the room; however, only looked at her with anger in their eyes, for Emmett it was disappointment.

"I'm so sorry Alice. I tried to stop him from going but he wouldn't listen to me." Rosalie said, with such sincerity that Alice couldn't help but believe her.

"No one could have stopped him Rose, but you could have been on my side, and not encouraged him," Alice responded, despite believing Rosalie was truly sorry, she still looked angrier than Bella had ever seen her.

"I know that now. I never expected he would go as far as he has." Alice nodded, acknowledging that Rosalie spoke to her before turning back to the rest of her family, sliding her hand into Bella's, finding comfort in the warmth of the girl next to her.

"So what do we do? They'll be here in 3 days." Alice resumed the previous discussion.

"We ponder our options," Carlisle answered, looking as though he was deep in thought.

"What options?"

"Well, unfortunately, we don't have very favorable ones. When Aro arrives he will not hesitate in ending Bella's life," Bella flinched slightly at the realization that she could die in just 3 days, "I'm sorry Bella, there's no nice way to say that." Carlisle looked at Bella apologetically. "You're only real options are to wait and hope that you will be able to persuade Aro, or..." Carlisle trailed off, and Alice didn't need the ability to read minds to know what he was thinking.

"No, there is no way I will do that," Alice said firmly. Bella looked at the girl confused,

"No way you'll do what?" Bella asked.

"Change you," Rosalie said, answering for Alice.

"I won't do it, I can't." Alice said, ending the conversation with the ferocity in her words.

~~~~~~~~~~

Hours later, Alice and Bella found themselves lying, facing the other on Alice's bed.

"What's it like, to become like you?" Bella asked, breaking the silence.

"It's nothing I'd wish on anyone." Alice said, attempting to stop the conversation she knew Bella wanted to have.

"Alice, seriously." Bella only needed to look at Alice for the girl to give in and allow the conversation.

"During the change, it's the worst pain imaginable. It feels like there is white-hot liquid flowing through your veins, killingly you slowly and painfully, and in a way it is. As the venom courses through your veins, it feels like it will last forever, and you will be stuck enduring this pain for eternity. Eventually, you pass out from the severity of the pain, and your heart races at first because it's trying to keep you alive, but the venom is too strong and your heartbeat slows, until eventually, it stops. Soon after that, you wake up, more than likely very confused. And then there is the thirst, the urge to feed is so strong that you'll kill the first thing you find with a heartbeat. A thirst that burns your throat until it is quenched, though it never ends, it just ebbs for awhile." As Alice explained, her eyes glazed over as though she was reliving the change.

"Why won't you change me?" Bella asked, still not seeing pain as a good reason to leave her at the hands of the so-called Volturi. Alice looked at her, emotions Bella didn't recognize swirling within golden pools.

"Aside from the horrific pain I'd put you through, I don't know if I'd be able to stop. Bella you smell, god you smell so incredible. It's like I've been starving and you're the feast I've been craving. Once I get a taste, I don't trust myself enough to stop." For the second time in less than a day, Bella saw true fear in Alice's eyes.

"Then have Carslile do it. He changed all of you, he can change me too." Bella said, searching for any solution that Alice refused to think of.

"No."

"No? Alice, it isn't your choice, not if someone is coming to kill me! I just got you, and quite frankly, I don't want to die yet!" Bella was yelling now, all of the events of today pairs with the myriad of emotions within her, she had no other way to express them. She stood up and started pacing. "Come on Alice! You can't do it, fine, someone else can. You can't just tell me that ancient Vampires are coming to kill me and you won't even let me make the decision to save my life!"

"I won't be saving your life Bella! I'll be ending it. Everything you know will change, you won't be able to see any of your loved ones for god-knows how long, you won't be you! Thirst will rule your existence as you carry on throughout eternity as a soulless being who survives on death. I won't let you do that to yourself. Not if I-" Alice abruptly stopped speaking as her sight left her and images of possibilities of the future flashed in front of her.

It was Aro. He was excited, he would finally get what he wants, and he wouldn't give a second chance this time. She saw him now, their timeline had moved up. Aro had stepped foot in the states she saw the date on the screen behind him at the airport. March 30th, 01:15 am. Then Aro disappeared and she saw her beautiful Bella, but not in her room, no, she was running, through the woods, her skin glittering and eyes golden like honey.

Alice was pulled back to reality, Bella was in front of her as well as the rest of the Cullen's. Alice's eyes widened and she gasped.

"Alice, what is it?" Carslile urged, his concerned eyes searching hers.

"They moved up the timeline. They'll be here tonight." Alice said, her eyes on Bella as she now realized that, despite her wishes, Bella will be one of them. Alice just had to decide whether or not she would be the one to take Bella's soul.