The Infection

in the middle of the night, in the dark gloomy woods stood a young boy. He had been sleep walking yet again and left his large, old cabin house. The boy awoke with a loud gasp as he looked around, blinking a lot seeing nothing but darkness and black stick figures. He sighed hard continuing to turn his head over and over. He looked down slowly, his feet and socks in mud and water. He shivered, teeth chattering as the wind swept up punching him in the face. He was scared, cold and he wondered why his father didn't kick the door. Like every night to stop him sleep walking out of the house.

It was never clear and diagnosed why he started sleep walking but it started at age eight, just after his mom left.

He gripped his pyjamas to his body with a sigh. The tall, blonde slightly curly haired boy stood around in the same spot for hours until the sun started to raise. Once the sun rose fully he knew exactly where he was. By a small lake which wasn't too far from his house.

He kept his arms crossed close to his chest stumbling slightly as he walked due to the fact he wasn't wearing shoes. He got back home and took a shower getting all the dirt off him. He grabbed his fishing gear and walked back to the lake.

A few minutes had passed while he was fishing and the boy started to hear groans and snapping of twigs "pa?" He asked confused thinking it was his father. Seconds later the boy saw a ranger with arrows sticking out of his chest and bullet wounds all over him. It wasn't long before he started to see more of the dead looking people.

Days had passed and Tommy and his father was in a truck driving far away from their house.

The radio started to make crackling noises before a quiet siren went off. Tommy looked at his father fear and confusion filling his eyes. His hair was now black..he had always felt attached to the colour black and decided to dye his hair since the world was supposedly ending.  "OUTBREAK! OUTBREAK!! I repeat a vicious virus has broken out. You will turn into a cannibalistic monster. It is now world wide and in the air. You die. You turn. Do NOT let them scratch or bite y-..." more crackling can be heard before the radio cuts off. The young boy looked over at his dad with a sigh, his dad smiles unconvincingly "luckily we took our guns...huh?"