Chapter 4: Opportunity

Jake p.o.v
We decided to go out for a coffee, while Ellie would be on the set with the actress of zari and the others.
"What can I offer you? An espresso like old times? Cappuccino?" I asked.
"I see you still have a good memory,but since we are here in Costa, i'll take a latte..."
"You moved to the dark side i see,but I can understand...
one of the reasons why I prefer Italy is espresso..." I said laughing. She nodded smiling and then laughing with me.
"a latte and a hot chocolate please" I said paying.
"a hot chocolate? You haven't changed at all... Even though I would have expected a tea from you..."
"Good habits never fade away... am I right ?" I said and then took a sip.
"Yeah" she said sipping her latte.
Then she opened her mouth ready to speak "So what are you doing now? Why are you here in Vancouver?" She asked interested.
"I am here to get promoted as CEO of the International Company...I don't know if you know what it is..."i asked sipping my hot chocolate.
"Sure i know what it is...Jake,it is amazing! I am so happy for you but...Are you happy?" She asked me.
"yes ... even if I don't have a real personal life..." I explained. She looked at me and realized that there was also Something else, but she decided not to ask ...
"C'mon Jes ...i know you want to ask something...go ahead "
"OK... I think there's something else ... And maybe I also know what ..."
"Surprise me"
"I think your parents wanted you to do this job. I think you would love doing something else, maybe something artistic!" She said convinced and continued the speech "I still remember that time when we did karaoke! You were really good and I remember that you wrote the lyrics too! Why did you stop?" She told me and then sipped her drink.
"Surprised?" She asked trying to keep a straight face.Ok i have to say she hasn't changed: the usual Jes amazed as a child at Christmas.
"Ok, I'm not surprised at all because you know me too well. Anyway like you said it's more because my parents have induced me... and if you want to know I don't sing or write anymore. The last time I did it with you at Bocconi... "I said, thinking a sip of my hot chocolate.
"You should go on Jake. You are talented" she said, complimenting me.
"It's too late now..." I whispered.
We had fun like crazy and the time went on really fast. I discovered also that she was seeing another actor. I'm not surprised: Who would not like a girl like Jes? She's very nice, smart, beautiful, ...
What Am i thinking? I have Gal. I am in love with her.
"a penny for your thoughts ..." she told me.
I woke up and kidding i gave her a penny for real. We both laughed really hard, in fact we didn't see a stone and Jes stumbled. I didn't have the time to catch her, in fact she fell over.
"Jes,are you ok?"she didn't respond because I immediately raised her using too much force, in fact we end up really close.
I immediately detached myself. I am not a cheater. We are both seeing different people. We should respect that.
"Sorry" I said embarrassed.
She shrugged and we decided to go back to the set.
"You haven't told me what you were thinking about before..." she asked me. Luckily I was saved in the corner by a screaming Ellie.
"Jake!!!"she said happily.
"I see that you had a lot of fun Miss Ross..." i said amused.
"Thanks Uncle for this beautiful day... but obviously thanks Zariiiiiii" the midget said happily. Zari laugh but then she just nodded and said my pleasure.
"Jes,love,sorry i was late..." I couldn't resist so i was listening to Jes and the mysterious man conversation. I checked him from head to toe.
"Are you even listening to me, uncle?"
"sure i am Ells" I said.
"Ok,so what was i telling you?"she said crossing her arms.
"You were thankful for the day you passed with the cast..."i tried.
"And so this is the famous Jake! Jes does nothing but talk about you!" the mysterious man said walking straight to me.
"I'm Nic Bishop," he said, showing me his hand. I immediately shook it as respect "I'm Jes boyfriend" He told me. "You're a lucky man to have her,she is a great person and she deserves the best...i hope you are the best..." i said.
"I know" he said smiling and then kissing her. In front of my eyes.Ok man...what the heck? If i was here with Gal I wouldn't kiss her in front of you...omg Gal! I have to call her!
I decided to turn my head and to compose my girlfriend number.
While i was waiting, i couldn't think about Jes. I was a little bit disappointed because of her being with this Nic boy. Not that I don't like him, you know...I don't know him,maybe he is a good guy...But the true question is why i am thinking again about Jes? I should think about Gal,not her...
In the middle time Gal answered: (Gal in normal and you in bold)
(*call*)
"Hello?"
"Baby!"
"Jake, finally you called me...i was worried..."
"Don't be my love, here is all ok. Ellie is very happy..."
"So she managed to meet the cast?"
"Yes,but i also have another news. You know Jes..."
"Your ex,right? Let me think...is she there..."
"Yeah, i met her after long time...I didn't expect that..." i said searching for my privacy.
"Are you ok Love? Do you need me there with you? You know i would be very happy to spend time with you"
"I'd love to Gal, but you know i am here to work..."
"I know Jake,in case you need me just tell me and i will take the first plane to come to you...i miss you already..." she said with a sad voice.
"I miss you too Gal. Now i have to go...i'll call you later.
Love you Wonder" she started to laugh
"I love you too Mr Ross. I look forward to hearing from you soon"she said sending me a kiss. After that i smiled and than close the call.
(*end call*)
"What are you doing tomorrow guys?" Nic said. "Are you coming back here?"
Then the director added "We would love Ellie to appear as the young version of Sara Lance in a scene ..." Ellie immediately looked at me with dreamy eyes.
"Uncle I beg you,please !!!!!!"
"Ellie, unfortunately I start tomorrow with the work...
Do you remember? And I cannot leave you here alone"I said to her seriously.
It will be a long evening...

Writer's corner
Hi guys! How is it going?
Are you enjoying the story so far?
Give a look also to my other story Changing your life, a Lauren Jauregui/You FanFiction.
What will happen next?
See you in the next chapter