Prove them wrong

Astrids POV

I'm sitting in a meeting with the school about one of my subject choices. The only reason this is happening is that I'm blind. as far as most people know I was born like this but that's not true, I lost it because I had an allergic reaction to some medicine when I was five which triggered something called TENS (toxic epidermal necrolysis) and ever since I have been blind. 

As the adults chat they say that the best I could ever hope to achieve is national 4. People always say I can't do things because I'm blind and I hate it, I'm not just my sight but only me and one other person get that. I think I could do national 5 if they just believed in me for once and at least gave me a shot at the prelim next school year but no. 

Soon the meeting ends and I message using speech assist on my phone to message my boyfriend hiccup to meet me at the back of the school at lunch because I want to speak to him without prying ears. I get a reply and he says he'll meet me there at lunch. 

Hiccups POV

I'm in woodwork and I look at my phone to check the time and I see a message from Astrid asking me to meet her at the back of the school at lunch. I reply and sigh before getting on with my project. 

the bell goes for lunch and I head around the back and see Astrid waiting for me 

"You alright," I ask because taking a look at her face she looks a bit down

"do you think I'm stupid Hiccup," she asks back, "Not by a long shot," I tell her placing my hand in her "good because the school seem to think I am" "how" "remember how I told you about that meeting" "uh huh""the school say I'll only be able to national 4 in geography and it will be the highest I can achieve" "that's a little unfair since they haven't seen what you can do at national five level yet" "I know and I don't know what to do" "well here is what I would do, prove them wrong, show them you can get that national 5" I tell her pulling her close to me "you think I can do it" she asks me softly "I don't think, I know" I told her kissing her forehead. 

I feel her gently move her hand across my face so she can find my lips and then she finds them, leans up and meet her halfway and kiss her we just gently kiss for a minute before pulling away "now let's get some lunch" say gently and she links her arm through mine as we head back into the school. 

(a year later) 

astrid pov

I wake up hearing a ping from my phone and I check it and see that it's the SQA and I open up the text to see my results and I passed all my classes and got a D in geography not what I wanted but I passed. I get a text from hiccup asking what I got in geography and I told him a D and he says congratulations and that he is coming over with food to celebrate. Not an hour later and he has pizza, cake and some irn bru. we sit in my room, eating and he wipes some sauce from my mouth before he kisses me and pulls me close. 

"Told you, you could do it" he says pulling away and I rest my head on his shoulder "yeah, yeah"I mumble back "I'm proud of you M'lady" he says before we get a blanket and snuggle up together on the floor "I'm proud of you too babe" I mumble before I fall asleep.

A/N:I know another short one, The SQA stands for the Scottish qualifications association and national 4/5 are two of the awards you can achieve. Irn Bru is a drink in Scotland as some may now and its orange, fizzy and no its not alcoholic. this was based on the experiences my friend has had and to this day she still continues to prove them wrong and she is now studying higher geography so my fellow hiccstrid ships, never let anything hold you back you are stronger than they know. p.s. I know this is a modern AU and the photo doesn't match up but you get where it was coming from.