Chapter 3

Thanks for reading this far!

Comments mean a lot to me, so feel free to leave some :P I have a better idea of where this story is going now, so it might start making sense and be less filler-y now. I new before where I wanted it to go, but now I have the details.

Thanks again for reading this far!

--------------------------------------------

Chapter Three

                “Wait, so four boys, four boys, actually spoke to you?” Circe confirmed, her eyes glistening.

                Tasie sighed, “Not in the way you’re hoping, Circe, haven’t you been listening?”

                “Okay, okay, okay… So who were they?” She shoved a slice of apple into her mouth, “I must know all the details. Were they attractive?”

                Alexis shoved Circe lightly, “Do you honestly expect Tas to remember what they looked like? It took her two years to remember our faces, and I bet she doesn’t even really know what we look like.”

                “Excuse me?” Tasie smirked, “I am terribly offended. Six years of friendship and you don’t think I know what you look like?”

                “Can we please talk about this later? We need to figure out who these boys are.” Circe stole a grape off of Kitt’s plate. “So, they were obviously in Gryffindor, seeing as they were in the common room.”

                Kitt looked skeptical, an expression she had perfected at a very young age. “Are you seriously putting it past some of the boys here? There’s that group of Hufflepuffs who went around last year putting baskets of muffins in each common room. Maybe it was them.”

                “They were wearing Gryffindor colours,” Tasie answered, “Although I honestly wish that they were dropping off muffins.”

                The Great Hall rang with voices, filling Tasie’s ears with a loud buzzing noise. She focused on maintaining a steady heartbeat, feeling that if she didn’t, she would soon be hyperventilating. “Can we leave?” She asked quietly, unsure of whether or not she had interrupted a conversation, “It’s pretty loud in here.”

                They stood in agreeance, quickly shuffling out of the hall. None of them had been able to sleep very late into the morning, so the great hall had only gotten busier the longer they stayed. And frankly, the only one who was comfortable being shoulder to shoulder with some random peer was Circe. “So anyway,” Alexis said, once they’d made their way outside, “You think they’re in seventh year like us?”

                Tasie nodded, frustrated, “I’ve seen them around, but you know me- I’m useless at putting faces to names. I have to really try if I want to remember them.”

                “Says the girl with the practically photographic memory,” scoffed Kitt, “Your life is full of inconsistencies.”

                “Ugh, I know, if only one of you guys had been there, we wouldn’t be having this problem right now.”

                Circe sat down on a log, kicking pebbles into the Black Lake. “So what, exactly, were they doing again?”

                Tasie sat down on the pebbles, enjoying the cold of the stone against her palm. “They seemed to know that somebody was walking around, and then suddenly they got suspicious and started speaking quieter.”