Nine.

"The 'what-ifs' and 'should-haves' will be eat your brain." ~John O'Callaghan.

PALLAKS POV

The first thing I did after waking up was check my phone for any message from Shubman.
-and there it was.
A text , from Shubman Gill
I contemplated hard before opening it. What if he doesn't remember me or doesn't want to meet and I made a complete fool of myself. Should I have texted something else ?

I recollect my calm and open it.

Shubman Gill : Hi Pallak! Sure. I'd love to meet you, You can send me your address and I'll pick you up on 30th? Let me know if that's fine.
Are you coming to the match ?

Oh my God.
I can not breathe.
He did text back.
How great is that !

"Divya" I shout and run out to the kitchen
"Shub" I say "he texted back"
"Really?"
I nod
"Wow ! That great"
"Yes" I mumble and smile and then go out to the balcony.
It's freezing out here but it's beautiful. I love it.

Some time later Veronica joins me.
"It's so cold out here, Pallak. Let's go inside. Breakfast is ready"
" You go." I tell her "I'll come. In a minute"
So she leaves me alone and I take out my phone and decide to text Shubman.

I read his text a million times.
I'd love to meet you.
Wow !
I'll pick you up.
Yaaas ! I can not believe it.

I text him my address and also set some time limit because of my classes which I cannot miss. I also let him know how I tried to get to the match but the tickets were all sold out.
And to my surprise he texts back almost immediately.

Shubman Gill : can't wait to meet you. I'll see if I can get you into the stadium.
Pallak Nair : okay, thank you. 😀
Shubman Gill : 💟

Oh God !
I feel so dizzy.
Time for some coffee.
I head back in and while breakfast fill Divya, Veronica, Alec and Jackson about Shubman.

"So basically it's a date" Alec states.
"I agree" Divya smiles at me.
"No" I blush "not really. I mean we are just meeting and given how he left the last time, I don't know"
"Well, it sounds like he likes you. I don't know what got into him at the engagement" Veronica shrugs and starts cleaning up.
"Let me get this straight" Jackson says to me "no guy picks up a girl and tries to get her tickets for his game unless he likes the girl"
"Yeah ! Totally" Alec adds.
"I hope so" I laugh and help Veronica to clean up.

Then we leave for college.
I study literature.
It has always enticed me. Since I was a child I wanted to study literature.
From Shakespeare, Fitzgerald, Lawrence and Bronte sisters to John Green, Cecelia Ahern, Sidney Sheldon and George R. Martin I love all of it.
As a kid I read a lot.
All day long and then also into the night.
As I grew up my love for books only increased.
I even read poetry.
From Gemma Troy and Rupi Kaur to Amanda Lovelace and Bridgett Devoue I read it all.
I even wrote a lot.
And now here I am pursuing something I love and believe in.

Then i reach and wake up from my ever flowing thoughts.