Chapter 3

Her words and her threats keeps ringing in his ears as he starts to get ready for his big day - yes, today is his engagement with Dr. Ritu Mishra. Her threat, that she will expose her true identity in front of everyone and her confession, that she loves him, makes Rajveer restless.

He gets irritated at the fact that she doesn't understand - that he is getting engaged for a reason. But how would she understand? Did he make her understand? But he cannot reveal anything to her since it's confidential.

He knows how stubborn and impulsive she is - she can go to any extent to stop the engagement. If she has threatened him, she can reveal that she is Naina Singh Ahluwalia, Captain Naveen Singh Ahluwalia's sister and if she does this, she doesn't even know the consequences she would have to go through.

A knock on the door brings him back to reality. Turning around, he finds Dr. Ritu Mishra there, smiling at him.

"Hi Captain!"

Greets Dr. Mishra with a smile.

Faking a smile, Rajveer says,

"Hi Doctor! Aap yahan? Please come in"

He opens the door wide for Dr. Mishra and with a smile, Dr. Mishra walks in. She makes herself comfortable on the couch and looks around his room, noticing it very carefully, as if she has seen it for the first time.

Rajveer notices Dr. Mishra's reactions.

"Dr. Mishra aapne bataya nahi ke aap yahan kaise?"

Questions Rajveer out of curiosity.

Standing up, Ritu goes near Captain Rajveer and says,

"Captain mujhe aapse Kuch baat karni hai"

"Kis baare mein?"

he asks

"About Naina"

Replies Ritu immediately.

Naina's name skips Rajveer's heartbeat. What did this girl do now?

Concentrating back on Ritu, Rajveer asks,

"Naina ke baare mein kya baat karni hai aapko?"

Turning her back towards Rajveer, Ritu pretends to weep, making Rajveer shocked.

"Captain...Naina has threatened me that if I don't back off from this engagement, she won't spare me"

Says Dr. Ritu, faking her tears.

This shocks Rajveer all the more. Is Naina crazy? What is she upto? What does she want?  Anger surges through Rajveer upon listening to Ritu's words that in his anger, he doesn't realise that there is a smile playing on Ritu's face.

"I'll see you in the engagement, doc!"

Saying that, Rajveer rushes out of the room out of anger and heads towards the girl's hostel.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Girl's Hostel

Pushing the door open of Naina's room, Rajveer barges inside. He finds Naina and Pooja getting ready for the evening.

Upon finding Rajveer there, Naina's heart skips a beat. Rajveer and Naina share an intense eye lock. Naina finds nothing but anger in his eyes - she fails to understand the reason behind his sudden anger.