The Letter

A/N - Just so you know, this will be a boringly terrible opening, I just needed some sort of way to link the two worlds, it is a lazy link but I don't really care, it's going to get better, I promise!

Dear Miss Theresa Herondale-Carstairs,

It is with great honour, that we invite you, Mr James Carstairs and any 2 guests of your choice, to the annual Shadow-Magic alliance event on Saturday July 31st.

Yours faithfully,

Members of the Clave

Members of the Ministry of Magic

Tessa placed down the invitation. Clary gazed eagerly over her shoulder.

"There's a ministry of magic?" She queried in a surprised tone.

"Yes," replied Tessa, "Wizards have existed more millennia longer than shadowhunters and the clave. Once the clave was born, several vampires and werewolfs leaned towards them in hope of better treatment than the ministry, of course it hasn't worked out quite well. Several warlocks ally themselves with both sides, but the ministry considers warlocks to be wizards of great power, immortal wizards or unusual beings like me. But they do not believe in demons or angels."

"Why has nobody mentioned this before?"

"Probably just hasn't come up. Much like the shadowhunter institutes, young witches an wizards learn at Wizarding schools, the most famous being Hogwarts in Britain. Also long ago, the clave and the ministry had a war. They generally don't associate with each other any more, but they do this one event annually to keep the peace."

"But, Madame Dorothea was a witch, she seemed to be with the clave community."

"During the nineties, the Wizarding community experienced a Great War, a terrible wizard, named Voldemort was causing terror, quite like Valentine, but much more terrible, anyway, several witches and wizards turned away from the ministry in the UK and emigrated to America, where they joined the shadow community."

"Hey, how do you know so much about all this anyway?" Asked Clary.

"I ally myself with both sides of the box. I've been alive a very long time, I once settled myself in the village of Hogsmeade for 10 years, until the uprising."

Jocelyn who had not being paying much attention, looked up for a moment, in a rather sad way. Clary pitied her mother for what she had been through.

"Well are you going, Tessa?" Asked Clary. "I'd like to go and find out more, also Jace too!"

"Clary," snapped Jocelyn, "Why do you insist you do EVERYTHING with Jace. Also, Tessa may not want to take you, she may want to take Emma or Magnus or somebody else."

"No, no, Jocelyn, it's fine to take Clary and Jace. I'm fact, me and Albus Dumbledore go way back, I may be able to pull a few strings and get all of Clarys friends an opportunity to go. I can't wait to show you London again!"

"Are you sure now?"

"Positive"

"I'd better go and pack!" said Clary, standing up and walking out of the door.

Clary loved staying in the Los Angeles institute, with Tessa and Jocelyn. Jem Carstairs was dealing with some business in the silent city, so Tessa invited Jocelyn and Clary to stay with her for a few days.

Clary was still getting used to the institute, always confusing it with the one back in New York.

"Hi, Clary" said Emma Carstairs, as Clary wandered through the changing room.

"Hey, Emma. How's training going?"

"Great. Me and Julian are learning new runes, some that you created, like the fearless rune."

"That's awesome. Emma, we'll talk later, I have to go and pack for London."

"London?" Asked Emma, puzzled.

"Yeah, Tessa and Jem got invited to a clave-ministry of magic event there. Maybe you can come, but I think you should focus on your training for now."

Jace looked bored. He was sitting in Magnus's living room, currently designed like a playboy pad, with a bar in one corner of the room, and a hot tub in the other. Alec and Magnus were watching reruns of Friends, Simon was investigating something in the fridge and Isabelle and Maia were gossiping away in the hot tub.

"Life is boring these days." Sighed Jace. When nobody replied he jumped up and cracked Isabelle's whip, which was lying on the floor, against the ceiling. With everybody looking at him, he continued. "Life is so boring these days."

"Why?" Asked Simon, plopping himself next to Isabelle, creating a giant puddle of water in the centre of the room.

"No Valentine. No Sebastian. No messed up Clave that we can hate. Nothing to save the world from."

"Of course there is," said Isabelle, "we're shadowhunters, ridding the world of demons."

"Yeah, but do we have any original fallen angels? Any greater demons? Any of the princes of hell? We just have boring ravener demons and the such"

"Well," said Maia, "If you need some kind of adventure, why don't you try and summon Raziel. There's a challenge for you"

"Well-" started Jace, but it was Magnus who continued.

"Well, I want danger, but not to be killed. Honestly, you Nephilim. Anyway, can you people please shut up, I am enjoying the antics and Ross and Rachel's relationship. You know, Alec, I once met Jennifer Aniston-"

"And slept with her?" Asked Alec, annoyed.

"I was going to say I got her autograph, but-"

"Can you two ever stop bickering?! We got you back together once, not again!" sighed Isabelle.

"Who invited you women." Glared Jace. "This is a boys, and almost boys club."

"I'm here for Simon, and Maia's here for me."

"Ahh, threesome. I was wondering a while back is that would happen."

"Shut up, Jace."

"Hang on, Clary's texted."

Jace, tell everyone to pack their things, we're going to London!

"Well, what did she say?" Asked Simon

"Apparently we're all going to London. It's Clary, we don't question it, we just somehow after no notice find ourselves going to London! Yaaaaay!!"

"Was here ever a time in your life, where you were a generally nice and non-sarcastic person?" Queried Maia.

Just as Jace was about to answer, a portal blast open, 3 feet in front of him. Just as he was picking up his seraph blade, Clary jumped out, carrying a suitcase, followed by Jocelyn and Tessa Gray.

"Tessa, I really don't want to trouble you with Clary. It is a formal event, and Clary knows nothing of the Wizarding world."

"Seriously, Jocelyn, who cares?" asked Tessa, hysterically, "You can just stay here and catch up with Maryse or something, I may be 100 and something, but truly I am a teen. Clary and her friends are teens. Lets just go to London, have a wild time and enjoy ourselves."

"Wait," said Isabelle, "Are you actually taking us all to London on such short notice."

"Oh for the love of the angel, when did I become the young one?!" Said Tessa, exasperated, "Just come to the event and enjoy yourselves. You have 10 minutes to grab your things! Now scurry!"

"You really can be intimidating, Tessa" laughed Clary.

"I spent my late teens in Victorian London, I went to downworlder drug dens in the East End, of course I am!"

Several minutes of squabbling and rummaging in Magnus's spare bedrooms later, everybody arrived at the portal.

"This portal will open up at the ministry of magic, in London." Said Tessa, "Everybody must be ready!"

And one by one, Clary, Jace, Isabelle, Alec, Magnus, Maia and Tessa disappeared down the portal, leaving a frantic looking Jocelyn behind.