Chapter 24- The End

Start from the beginning

He was saved quickly, however, from our cooing by a House Elf who told us that diner was ready. I stopped laughing abruptly when I noticed the elf and I was instantly reminded of my S.P.E.W organization at Hogwarts. Maybe I couldn't get along with Narcissa after all. Obviously her views towards House Elves hadn't changed.

But I couldn't help but notice that there was something peculiar about the Elf. The cloth around her was clean and perfectly white, she seemed healthy, and almost... happy?

"Thank you Milly. We will be there shortly." Narcissa said, and the House Elf smiled slightly and bowed before leaving.

I looked in shock between Draco and Mrs. Malfoy, but I decided not to say anything. Although I still disagreed with the House Elf concept in general, I could tell that this Elf, Milly, was being treated well here. And, dare I say it, she seemed to enjoy it here. So I let it go, just happy that Narcissa was treating the Elves kindly.

Dinner ended all too quickly. Believe it or not, Narcissa was actually a pleasant person to have around. So I was a little sad when Draco announced that we'd better be off. But I cheered up when Narcissa hugged me tightly, like we'd known each other for years, and insisted that we come back for dinner again next week.

"I get far too lonely in this house all by myself!" She said, frowning. "Thank Merlin I have Milly here to keep me company or I might just go insane!"

The House Elf beamed as she took our plates from under us. (Draco stopped me from jumping up to help by taking a firm grip on my hand).

"Don't worry!" I said. "I look forward to seeing you again soon."

She walked us to the door and watched us walk to aparation point just beyond the gates.

Two Weeks Later

"Are you ready?" I asked Draco.

I saw him swallow hard. "No." He said stubbornly.

I slipped my hand into his reassuringly. "It will be fine." I gave his hand a squeeze.

Draco had dragged me along to meet his mother, so I was dragging him along to get to know my parents better. Actually what I was doing was a little evil and I felt very much like a Slytherin at the moment. I hoped Draco was ready for an evening of bowling.

Looking up at his worried expression, I felt a little sorry for him. I was about to force him to play a muggle game he'd never even heard of before and socialize with my parents at the same time.

"Your father is going to kill me." He whimpered as we walked down the street toward the bowling alley.

"He's not going to kill you! Just don't beat him at bowling." I added, loving the terrified look that swept his face.

We walked up to the door, getting more than a few second glances from passing muggles. They were looking at Draco. I'd told him to dress causal, meaning a tee-shirt and jeans or the like, but he came out in his usual nice shirt, tie, and dress pants. He always had to look so nice.

My parent were waiting for us at lane twelve. When my mother saw us walking over she jumped up and rushed to give both Draco and I a crushing hug.

"You're here!" She said excitedly.

My father gave me a hug and shook Draco's hand heartily. "Why don't you get your shoes and meet us back over here?" He suggested.

"Okay." I said, grabbing Draco's hand to pull him toward the counter, ignoring his question 'what shoes?'.

"That's disgusting!" Draco hollered while holding the bowling shoes between this thumb and index finger. "I will not be putting my feet in these!"

"Oh Draco, calm down!" I said while slipping on my own pair. "They get cleaned!"