Epilogue (Finally)

Epilogue

My heart was pounding so fast in my chest. I couldn't breath and my hands shook furiously.

Molly Weasley tugged harshly on my hair, but I didn't feel a thing. I was far to nervous to feel anything right then.

My mother bustled around me, straitening the hairs that Molly had missed and touching up anything else that looked out of place.

"So beautiful!" one of them said, I don't know which.

I looked up at myself in the mirror. I was almost unrecognizable, even to myself.

"Too much make up!" I said to my mother, who's smile dropped a little.

"But, dear, you look so pretty!" she said.

"I can hardly recognize myself! Draco won't have any idea who I am!"

"He'll know exactly who you are because you'll be the most gorgeous girl in the room!"

"Too much make up!" I said again.

Molly and my mother both sighed, but she moved around front and started wiping off some of the make up from my face while Molly put the finishing touches in my hair that was put up in an elegant half bun, leaving some of my curls cascading down my back. With her wand, she dusted on some sparkles so that my hair shined when I moved my head.

I smiled at myself in the mirror when my mother had moved out of the way. My heart beat hard against the inside of my chest. For the happiest day of my life I sure was nervous.

"Okay!" Molly exclaimed, beaming. "Let's go get ourselves ready," she said to my mother. "and we'll be back in a little bit!"

Giggling like school girls, the two woman left my room, leaving me alone.

I sighed at looked at myself again. Butterflies squirmed pleasantly in my stomach. I could have puked from nerves, but that would have been okay. It might have made my stomach feel better.

There was a knock on the door that made me jump out of my skin.

I gathered up my dress and answered it.

Ginny and Analiza barged in with huge grins on their faces. Both of them were in their own dresses, light yellow ones, and stumbling around in heals. I still couldn't understand those horrible things.

They both started talking at once.

"You. Look. BEAUTIFUL!"

"Amazing!"

"Your hair is so pretty!"

"You need a little more make up."

"Let me touch your hair."

"Oh no! There's a little wrinkle in the back!"

I smiled at them fussing over me.

"Thank you!" I said loudly to shut them up.

"We have something for you!" Ginny sang.

"Blaise was on his way to give it to you when we passed him. Since we were coming here anyway, he let us bring it to you," Analiza informed me.

Ginny held out a piece of paper that was folded in half and taped shut.

With shaking hand, I took it from her and stared at it, my heart swelling.

"Open it!" Ginny yelled.

I put my thumbnail under the tape and pealed it open carefully.

It was a short, handwritten note, only three sentences long.