The New Menu

The next morning when I awoke, Gordon wasn't beside me. I looked at the clock. 6:45. Shit! I'm going to be late for work! I threw on some clothes and shoes, grabbed my chefs coat and keys and bolted out the door. "Shit!" Traffic was bad this morning. "Come on! Move.." Finally the line moved but as soon as it was my turn to pass, the light turned red. No! Come on!

I finally made it to work and entered the kitchen. I looked at the time; 7:05. Well, shit. Five minutes late that shouldn't be too bad. Boy, how I was wrong.

"You're late!" Chef Ramsay said as I entered the kitchen. I figure it'd be best to call him by his professional name at work.

"I know. I'm so sorry Chef Ramsay!"

"Don't let it happen again."

"Yes, sir." Today was the day we fixed things at Trois Mec. Chef Ramsay sat us all down to talk.

"First of all," he started, "you're understaffed." I nodded my head. I totally agree.

"Marina and I have been trying to find more staff to help clean and serve," Michael spoke up, "but no one wants to work here." In other words, we need more waiters and waitresses.

"Well I'll find people, you three come up with a new menu," Chef Ramsay pointed at Rhiana, Michael, and myself.

"Yes, sir." The restaurant is usually open on Mondays but Chef had us shut it down so we could work on change. We decided to cut dishes off the menu. At the end if the day, we were told to leave for a couple of hours. When we came back the restaurant was different. The wooden circular tables were replaced with soft red booths. In the middle of the restaurant were square tables with pure white cloth covering the surface and fancy chairs placed by them. Everything was so nice and neat. I was so impressed. We followed Chef Ramsay into another room where two men stood.

"These two fine gentlemen," Chef motioned at the two men, "are your new waiters, Larry and Ricardo."

"Nice to meet you," I said shaking their hands.

"Same to you," Larry said.

"Well hello there, beautiful," Ricardo said and kissed the back of my hand.

"Oh," I replied shyly.

"Alright that's enough," Chef spoke up. I didn't know he was the jealous type. How cute.

Rhiana leaned over to me and whispered,"I call dibs on Ricardo since you got Chef Hot-Stuff."

"Haha okay."

"Hi I'm Rhiana," she started a conversation with our new waiter, Ricardo. Beside us was a long rectangular table with brand new dishes of food. It looked delicious. Chef Ramsay told us which each if them were and what was in them. Wow. I said it before and I'll say it again: I'm impressed! Once everyone thanked him, I walked up to him and hugged him tightly.

"Chef, I can't thank you enough!"

"How many times do I have to tell you; call me Gordon, love." He pecked me on the lips. I thought we were keeping our relationship secret, but in glad we're not.

"Aww!" I heard the staff call from behind us.

"I love you, Gordon."

"I love you too."

Wonder what'll happen next...