Chapter 6

~ Cornered ~

The pink haired exchange student wandered down the hallways with a purpose, holding her hands pressed behind her back. Her thumb and index finger nails clicked against one another as she nervously repeated the action, making an annoying sound. She bit on her lip as she side stepped out of the way of a smaller group of students, and continued on right into the main cafeteria.

It wasn't lunch, no, it was simply a free period for most of the juniors and seniors—and apparently also Kam, although she was a sophomore. Kam's classes consisted of AP Chemistry, AP European History, Honors Algebra Trigonometry, and AP Language (English). Given the fact that she had fulfilled the 'independent' PE requirements, she only had 5 classes—with the current period being her break.

Upon first glance, Kam was not so smart with her 'pretty girl' posture and speech. However, under the surface, Kam was one of the smartest at the school and primarily was accepted into Wellston for her grades, with her ability as a given bonus.

Among the three other Suits, Kam was the youngest and put at a disadvantage since the Juniors and Seniors all knew each other just by being in the same class. Trinity was a Senior, while Cora and Shae were Juniors. However... the idea of Trinity being a Senior that year always confused Kam, especially since Trinity had already turned 18 before her Senior year even began.

Kam made a mental note to interrogate her senior about it later. But at the moment, she was more focused on a different issue—one which she knew was much more prominent.

The Heart glided through the smaller crowd in the cafeteria (given her short stature, it wasn't hard) and made her way to the center of the room. In the center, closer to the front and the actual lunch line, sat the current Club and Jack of Wellston.

The red haired Jack was facing the opposite way of the table, although still sitting down next to his friend—suggesting he had just gotten there, or was about to leave. Meanwhile, the blonde Club sat facing the table with her metal enhancements outstretched underneath the tabletop and sticking out the opposite side, underneath the bench. Everytime she moved even the slightest bit, Trinity's metal prosthetics would scratch across the ground and make a noise similar to nails on a chalkboard. Thankfully, it wasn't as loud as it should have been since it wasn't completely intentional.

Kam walked over with a slight grin and sat down across from Trinity, avoiding stepping across or on top of her prosthetics under the bench. Kam must've interrupted a joke, because Trinity was laughing at something Blyke had said before, stopping rather abruptly at the sight of the Heart. Trinity cocked her head to the side, looking towards Kam.

Blyke turned a 180° to also glance at who Trinity was raising an eyebrow at. Blyke blinks and stands up slowly but immediately, Kam following his movements with her eyes.

"I'm out," he breathed, sticking his hands in his pockets and stretching his back out momentarily.

"Blyke—"

"No, it's fine. Do what you gotta do, I'm going to find Remi." Blyke glanced down at Trinity as she glared at him both angrily and begging for him to stay. Begging? Yes, begging as if she didn't want to be left with Kameron at the table.

"... Fine."

Blyke then turned and walked away, threading through the crowds as they parted the hallway for him as he exited the cafeteria—the door shutting behind him. As soon as Trinity saw Blyke leave the cafeteria, she sent a glare at Kam who now sat in front of her.

Kam purses her lips, not saying a word as Trinity then looked down at her full lunch tray of vending machine snacks, picking at it with her hands. Within the assortment there were candied fruits, chips, buns, chocolates, and boba straws. How or why she had what she had on that tray—Kam couldn't even try to speculate.