16. 𝘀𝗵𝗼𝘂𝗹𝗱'𝘃𝗲 𝘀𝘁𝗮𝘆𝗲𝗱 𝗮𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗱𝗮𝗻𝗰𝗲

Start from the beginning

     Eszter frowns. "Follow you? Follow you where?"

     "I don't know yet."

     "Doesn't matter now. Here," Eszter takes out Flash's phone, handing it to Peter. "Just call me, and I'll track you. Keep me updated."

     Peter frowns, confused. "Where am I supposed to put this?"

     She shrugs. "I don't know, use your webs, Spider-Man," with a growing grin, Eszter nods her head. "Now, go get him."

     Peter purses his lips as his facial expression hardens, but he nods nonetheless. He had the sudden urge to step forward and plant a firm kiss on Eszter's lips, but Peter refrains himself from embarrassing himself. Instead, he forces himself to turn around and start running.

     While Peter took off after Adrian, Eszter turns around and darts back to the car, rushing to the driver's seat. Being the better driver than Peter, Eszter instantly puts the car into drive and presses her feet on the gas pedal, hitting the floor of the car, booking the car into high speed as she drives down the street. Going back to her driving lessons, Eszter knew she needed to be hyperaware at this speed, but the enhanced couldn't get caught; things wouldn't look good for the enhanced if the news outlet discovered the enhanced racing down the street, unaware of the situation she and Peter found themselves in.

     Eszter swerves the car onto another street when the plane starts flying across the body of water. Taking another sharp turn, Eszter drives down the road, glancing down at her phone with the maps on, tracking Peter to make it easier for the enhance to find him.

     "I just had to have my powers taken away," Eszter grumbles to herself as she dodges a few cars, turning to another street as the maps inform her. "Out all times, it happened to be when there's a man dressed like a vulture, stealing alien-tech."

     The phone rings from Eszter's lap, taking her out of the maps app. She quickly answers and clicks the speaker, then switching the app back onto maps.

     "Hey! I'm at the plane--ow, ow. Oh, my God," Peter freaks out as he flails through the sky, and his body smacking against the body of the plane. Somehow, Peter manages to hold onto the strong web that's still connected to Vulture's wing. "I'm okay!"

     Eszter pauses, concentrating on her driver--she's surprised at how well she's doing. "Peter, tell me what's going on."

     "Uh . . . Mr. Toomes just put himself in a cocoon with his wings. I--I don't know why. Maybe he's using the same alien-tech from when I caught up with him in Maryland."

     Eszter hums in acknowledgment, frowning once she realized they were heading toward the amusement park. While on the plane, Peter shoots his webs, but it flew back from the strong wind; suddenly, he loses his grip and begins to slide down the side of the plane.

     Frowning in concern, Eszter sat in the car anxiously. "Peter, are you okay?"

     "Yeah, yeah! Not exactly the most stable thing when you're trying to stick to the side of the plane."

     "Right," Eszter lightens the mood with a soft chuckle, creating a smile on Peter's face, though the enhanced was unaware.

     The whistling sound of the wind blows aggressively against the speaker of Peter's phone, irritating Eszter; she can barely hear her friend whenever he speaks. But then he grunts, causing the enhanced to furrow her brows at the sudden sound of Peter struggling. Unaware that Peter was trying to pull the wings apart, trying to get inside the plane, but was struggling.