Chapter 3

I don't why but I like to overthink things. Feelings, emotions, causes, reasons, anything that I feel like exploring with my thoughts. Sometimes I like to pretend that I will make the new hit poem that will always be remembered like Robert Frost's poems, or a quote so simple yet holds so much truth like Dr. Seuss', or even a scientific or medical discovery like a cure for cancer. I guess I do that because of my love for books. In a book the stupidest kid in the class can become valedictorian, the most physically challenge win an Olympic gold medal, and the most alone and forgotten become the most remembered. I guess my books give me a hope that one day I would do the impossible and be remembered, because why else do people really do things? It's so they can be remembered.

I think all this while sitting in A2, a short 15 minute class where the teacher tells you new things and upcoming events and where everyone does their homework, well actually, where they copy their homework from their friends or a nerd, which means me. Most people know by now that I won't let them copy my homework. I hate copiers, it just doesn't sit right with me, maybe it's because my integrity is all I actually have, or try to have at least. Some people still try to "borrow" my homework, these people I just ignore. There is really only one person I let copy my homework and that's him.

It seems that whatever I think about leads back to him, and he is the one thing that I will never think about because then I will ruin what we have. What do we have? I really don't know. I guess we are friends after all he did for me, but I don't think he meant to have that effect on me, but how about he did? And there I go again, going back on my word and thinking about him.

Suddenly I feel someone poking me. I look up to see my neighbor Isabel telling me that A2 is over. Huh, I never knew that she was in the same A2 as me...but how would I? I usually spend A2 the way I spend all my free time, thinking or reading.

I pick up my books and walk to first hour, science which is in the basement. I hear someone walking behind me, but decide not to turn around because this is a school, but after coming closer to my class I realize it's probably one of my classmates and turn around to see Isabel.

"Hi," she tells me with an easy smile.

"Uhhh, Hi?" I reply, sounding more like a question. "Umm are you in my class?" I say stupidly. I'm just not use to really talking that much to any one but him. With my "friends" I really just listen and make small comments like 'that's nice' or 'pretty' or 'how annoying', they don't expect any more from me anyway.

"Well yea, we have most of our classes together. Am I really that invisible?" she says jokingly.

Me, being the socially incapable person I am doesn't realize she meant it as a joke, "umm, no! Your not invisible! umm I can see you right now!" I sputter out.

"Relax, I was just joking!" she replies cheerfully. " Hey do you remember when we use to hang out from 2nd to 4th grade?" She says suddenly.

"Yea I remember, why wouldn't I?" I say carefully, not wanting to make a fool out of myself.

"I saw you in A2 today deep in thought and I remembered how you would sometimes do that when we hanged out. We use to be so close and use to have soooo much fun! Then I realized I don't know why we don't hang out anymore, just that something happened in 5th grade. Thennn I thought about my party this Saturday and I think you would be so much fun so do you want to come?" She says all this really fast and that is something I hate about the popular girls, even if they are nice, they always seem to busy to take the time to just talk to you and instead rush all their sentences together. The only time their mouths don't race a thousand miles per hour is when they try to lower their voices to try and be "seductive" when they talk to boys. It's hilarious because they just end up sounding stupid and very slow at understanding things. Then she says the one thing that I would have never suspect, "You can bring Zack if you want."

I stand there fazed and unsure of what to reply. I guess she takes my silence as a cue for her to keep talking. "He is a complete jackass and an asshole but he is kinda popular so bring him along."

And that is when it hits me, she wants me to come so Zack would come. "No," I say.

"No?" she repeats, looking shocked that anyone would say no to go to her party, and she even looks a bit hurt and disappointed. "Why not? I miss hanging out with you and you never go to any parties!"

"I'm not going to come to your party because you just want me to bring Zack."

And that's when I saw it, clear hurt in her eyes. "No! No! I just noticed that you guys were close and I want you to come, that's why I said to being him!"

I felt guilty for accusing her and did something I never thought I would do, I said yes. And that's when the late bell rang, informing us that we were 5 minutes late. "Shit," I mumbled while taking off to class, because it seems that me, Nora the biggest nerd in school is going to a party hosted by the queen of the school, Isabel and I guess I'm going with Zack, popular, baseball star. What did I get myself into?

I would like to dedicate this chapter for oreotardis for encouraging me to continue this fic and being my first reader and commenter ^.^ . I know this chapter is a bit of a filler, so sorry about that.

-N🌺