0.3

"Okay, call me when your done. get me a scone." Mom said sternly, then drove away to her job or somewhere.

I turned around and pushed on the door, immeadiately welcomed by the smell of coffee. Out of the corner of my eyes I saw blondie with five coffee's surrounding him. I frowned and walked up to the barista, "Grande iced coffee please." I shot her smile, and placed a five dollar bill on the table.

"Sure, I'll call you up when it's done." She nodded towards me, then walked away. Okay I'm not sure if i want to even talk to blondie.

Mostly, because he scares the pooperdinkle out of me.

Ok Katherine, you can do this. I supressed a breath and took quick strides towards my old table, maybe i should go to the table to it? Yeah, i'll do that. I paused and turned to the table I sat at yesterday and took a seat. 

"Hey um hi. You left your phone at that place yesterday." I stuttered hold the phone out to him. Blondie looked my way and took the phone out of my hands. "Ok, good thanks i guess." he mumbled, opening his phone and doing something else. 

It was kind of weird to watch considering he was trying to text, and his fingers were shaking too much  to understand what he was typing.

"Are you okay?" i asked, he was holding his head in between his hands. "I-i'm fine. just go away." he mumbled, massaging his temples.

"I have some asprin in my bag.. here." I mumbled holding out a box or medicine. Blondie looked at me cautiously, then finally took the box. "Thanks." He mumbled quietly. blondie ripped open the small package and shook two pills out.

He quickly took the pills, apparently not needing water.

Like he was used to it.

Maybe he does drugs. No, no I'm not going to make assumptions. Blondie groaned and put his head in his hands, "Could you do me a favor and throw away my remaining coffees." He asked quietly. "Sure." i replied. I grabbed all of his cups, and empty cups and walked towards the garbage. The barista shot me a confused look, I just shrugged in reply.

I dumped the coffee in the trash can, and walked back towards blondie. "Thanks for the advil." He coughed.

"No problem. are you okay now?" I asked, sitting down across from him. "Yeah, I'm good. Not to be rude, but can you drive me home?"

"As long as you don't mind my mum driving us home." i flushed a light red, partly embarrassed. "That's fine, my name is Luke by the way." He introduced, holding his hand out.

"I'm katherine." I quickly shook his hand. 

"Let me just text my mum, by the way where do you live?" I asked looking up from my phone, knowing how stalkerish that might have sounded.

"Um 1017 alice road." Luke recited as if he couln't remember at first. I opened my phone and clicked my mum's contact.

hey, i'm ready. although is it okay if you pick luke up with me too. he needs a ride home, he's not upto driving thanks madre - k

A few minutes later my phone buzzed, notifying me she replied.

ooooh lol lukee! okay just give me a minute, i was already on the way but i'll pick yall up. where does he live? - madre

I quickly texted her the adress, "Okay my mum will be here soon." I shot a friendly smile towards him. He pursed his lips, "Why do you even want to help me? I was a dick." He pointed out with an appologetic look crossing his face.

"It's fine. Besiders your not acting like a complete dick now." I joked, casing him to chuckle. 

-

Seven minutes later my mum was parked in front of the coffee shop. Luke stood up and grabbed his laptop, and I grabbed my bag with all my stuff.

Luke rushed infront of me and opened the backdoor for me, "Thank you," I grinned. Well this is not the person I met two days ago. I scooted over, giving him room to sit down in.

"Okay, theres slight traffic so we might be in here for a while." My mum appologized, shooting luke a small smile. "It's okay, thank you for agreeing to pick me up." Luke said politely. Huh, deffinetly not the guy I met two days ago.

"It's no problem at all." Mum shook her head, before continuing to drive. She quickly flicked the radio on, and instantly heart shaped box turned on.

"I've got a new complaint, forever in debt to your priceless advice." I hummed, noticing Luke was also singing along.  I raised an eyebrow, practically challenging Luke.

"It's on." he declared with a small smirk tugging on his lips. 

"Meat eating orchids forgive no one just yet." Luke sang along with me, while my mom was smirking in the front seat turning the volume up.

"Cut my hair on angel hair, and babies breath."  I sang over dramatically, causing Luke to laughed. this was actually a lot more fun than I thought.

"Hey! Wait! I got a new complaint, forever in debt to your priceless advice." He continued, whilst I sat back singing along with him.

The car suddenly came to a halt, which meant we were at Luke's house. "Is it alright if I get your number- like because.." he kept stuttering, so I just ended up taking his phone and entering my name as a contact.

He typed quickly into my phone, then handed it back to me. "Okay, well i'm pretty sure I won.. but bye! Thank you for dropping me off." he quickly thanked my mom. I rolled my eyes and clicked his contact, 

sorry i won - kat

I shut off my phone and was immeadiately met with my moms suggestive gaze.

"He was cute." oh crap.