Meeting the family

Sitting at a booth in the grill enjoying my food my phone buzzes in my pocket. Swallowing my mouth full of food I take my phone out.

"Kol: my family wants to meet you, come over for dinner tonight?"

I take a moment to read the text and think if I should agree. I mean dinner with the world first vampires and the original hybrid how could I not. So I send my reply

"Karina: sure, what time"

Within seconds I get a reply, maybe he was waiting for my answer.

"Kol: at 7, I'll pick you up and wear something nice darling"

I quickly go back to my hotel room and pick out my outfit. Waiting for 7 to come I pace around the room nervous. No one in my entire life has made me feel like this, I don't know what it is about him but he's making me feel again.

There's a knock at my door, I open it to see Kol standing there with a nervous smile on his face. I return his smile happy to see him feeling a wave of calmness wash over me as I see his face.
"Ready darling, don't mind my siblings they may be a tad excited to meet you" He says in a smooth voice as he grabs my hand and wraps his hand around it Leading me oh of the room.

After using his vampire speed to get to the mansion we enter to find who I am assuming to be his siblings looking at us with wide smiles on their faces.

"So this is your new play toy" Klaus said with a smirk on his face.
"I'm sorry I'm confused, shouldn't the giant puppy be the one with toys not the vampire" I say with my own smirk. This seems to get under his skin because he starts to vamp speed towards me ready to attack me. Before he could I moved slightly to my left and used his body weight against him to snap his neck.

The others looked scared but covered it up with amusement in their eyes. Elijah was the first to speak "was that really needed"
"Yes it was, he attempted to attack me I was just defending myself, it's not my fault he can't take a dose of his own medicine" I say walking past Elijah to sit on the lounge. Kol quickly follows sitting next to me and soon everyone else apart from an unconscious Klaus joins us on the lounge.

"So for introductions then?" Rebekah questioned. I smiled and replied" I know who all of you are."
"How" Elijah asked curious
"I'm always the smartest person in the room, it's easier to assume I know everything, and anything I don't know I will very quickly learn. Within the first minute I figured out who all of your were based on your body language" I say with a smirk
"Impressive" Elijah replies calmly, I can see him
trying to figure me out. That's something him and his brother have in common.

I didn't realise that Klaus had woken up and was listening to our conversation until he spoke up "so your you actually have a brain and know how to use it, that's very rare Love. Well done Kol" he says sending a sly smirk to Kol
"I also have a vervain steeped knife and know how to use it" I snap back.
"I think we got off the wrong foot love, I think we could be friends so what do you say do over?" He questioned hopefully
"Sure" I say happily.
"Great now you and I need to plan a shopping spree now that your my new sister" the high pitched voice of Rebekah ring through the room. I just chuckled and agreed. This is going to be a fun night I thought to myself.