16

I woke up with tears running down my face, not something that usually happens to me. I swiped them away aggressively and rolled out of bed. The clock said it was 5:45, I groaned. I looked over at my phone.

Its green light flashed brightly, I has text messages?

Rosa:
You should come visit her again today.

Rosa:
At least think about it.

Rosa:
She'll be able to go home tomorrow.

V:
I'll think about it

I'll admit I lied on the last message, to hell with the suicidal bitch. I wanted her out of my life, my home, and my head. Her hoarse voice echoed through my head as I put on one of my hoodies.

I thought about it for a good hour before trudging to my car and slapping the eyes into the ignition.

The building remained the same intimidating concrete obstacle but I was willing to try again, for Lilah. The old lady at the desk saw me and nodded letting me know I could go in. Funny how welcoming and how unwelcoming one place can be.

I made my way to the elevator and regretted pushing the up button.

I clambered into the metal machine and let it take me up.

I walked to her all too familiar room and stood there deciding on if I should go in or not.

I decided to go in.

I opened the door.

And stepped into the room.