The interface, The new partners.

(Author's P.O.V.)

You saw a beautiful garden.
Green, lush bushes filled with flowers and tall, blossoming trees.
You noticed a white-stoned path leading to various places in the garden.

[Urgent task]
[New task: find Amanda.]

You followed the white path, taking in the beautiful scenery. As you explored the garden, you stumbled upon what seems to be a pedestal with a hand imprint plate. Some sort of magic stone?

You curiously placed your hand on the blue plate, feeling some sort of tension throughout your body. The skin on your hand started disappearing, from the tip of your finger to your wrist.

The blue plate emitted a soft blue glow, as it got harder to keep your hand on the plate. The tension broke, emitting some sort of harsh shock in your hand. You quickly retreated your hand, taking a few steps back.

You watched it slowly regenerate your synthetic skin back, confused about what had happened.

You composed yourself, readjusting your tie. You decided to follow your given task, walking away from the mysterious pedestal and walking on a bridge, leading to some sort of island.

You saw a female on the island, snipping and watering a wall of roses. You couldn't scan her face since she had her back faced to you.

As you took your first few steps on the white-stoned island, Amanda turned around, a smile tugging at her lips.

  Amanda
    Trusted

"Ah, (Y/N)," she said, going back to trimming her rose wall.
"It's nice to meet you," she said, but before you had time to utter a response, she turned around and stared at you for a bit.
"How do you feel about working with your new partners?" she asked and turned back around to continue snipping at her roses.

° Firm
°Curious  <<
° Indifferent
°Positive

"Well, I am certainly curious about them, although I have not met them yet. I do wonder how it will be to work with them, but I will not let them interrupt with the process of accomplishing my given tasks," You replied, your curious expression lingering on your previously neutral one.

Amanda ^

"Hurry, (Y/N). I feel something big approaching." Amanda said, as a loud sound rang from the sky.
She placed her scissors and watering can on a white table, and turned to look at you.

Your led turned yellow, flickering a lot.
You blinked a few times, feeling yourself leave the newly-found interface.

The next day.

(Connor's P.O.V.)

Hank
  Warm

Hank and I have been partners for a while, I'd say that I am making decent progress on our friendship, even if it isn't my goal to do so.

I was in the desk next to Hank's, reviewing some of the files. Many files have been added since the last time I had checked the terminal.

I disconnected myself from the terminal and glanced over at hank, who was briefly looking over a few files on his desk. I reached in my pocket, taking out a coin, given to me since my activation. I threw the coin from hand to hand a few times, before spinning it on my fingertips. The silver coin made a 'clink' sound as I moved it around in my hands. Due to my hands being made of unnatural materials, like metal, it enhanced the 'clink' sound.

This seemed to annoy hank. "Fuck's sake-" he mumbled, "You and your fuckin' coin are pissin' me off, Connor! Its the fifth time today!" he said, raising his tone. He lightly slammed his hands on his desk to emphasize his annoyance. "Sorry, lieutenant," I replied, sliding the coin back in my pocket. Hank looked at me, anger still lingering in his expression. 

Hank v

(I know, the 'down' arrow is basically a 'V', there aren't any down arrows to use lmao-)

I heard heels tapping against the ground, getting closer to our desks. I instinctively turned to the sound, revealing a female android. My mind palace activated, allowing me to scan said android.

(Y/n)

Model CM800 Prototype
Female model
Counterpart model of the RK800 Prototype
Activation date: November 5 2038, 7:40 am.
All functions in proper working order.
LED: Stable Software

As I finished scanning (Y/n), it spoke up.

"Hello, my name is (Y/n). I am going to be assisting the both of you in deviant cases."

It glanced over to hank, then at me. We made eye contact, only breaking it when hank irritatedly replied. "For fuck's sake, another one?" he asked, pinching the bridge of his nose.

A silence settled, which was soon disrupted by (Y/n) "is there a desk available for me to use?" it asked, keeping its hands along its body. "Just share Connor's desk," Hank muttered, most likely uncomfortable under (Y/n)'s presence.

"Understood."

(Y/n) grabbed an unused chair, sliding it next to me. She looked at the desk, and then glanced over at me. I gave her some space so she could use the terminal on the desk, giving her a small smile. It looked at me, almost unsure of what to do. It looked away from me before placing its hand down to connect to the terminal.

After a few seconds, (Y/n) disconnected, it's led turning yellow to process the given information.

"The Eden club." It spoke

"What?" Hank said, a clear smirk forming on his face.

"We could start at the Eden club. They found a dead man and a deactivated android in one of the rooms. That could be an option."

"Out of all the things, a fuckin sex club." he groaned, slumping in his chair

"Sorry, Lieutenant. I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable. I did not intend to go there for sexual reasons."

Hank stood up, ignoring (Y/n) and walking towards the exit. He must have noticed we weren't following because he turned around before yelling "C'mon, don't tell me I have to hold your hand all the way to the fuckin' car!"

We stood up, almost in perfect sync, following the angry lieutenant.

~~~

Hello!
Thanks for reading. I know that this one wasn't much longer, but I really wanted to get this chapter out, so I cut off a part of the chapter. Sorry!

##Edited, might edit again in the future.##