20

~Hyunjin~

"Seungmin I-" I began.

"Don't even try to lie Hyunjin, you know what I'm talking about." I snapped.

"Seungmin, I can explain-" I told him.

"Explain what? How you're just going to disappear and run off to you're stupid wedding after you've broken me again?" I cried.

"Seungmin, that's not-" I tried to tell him.

"Hyunjin, I thought that this time you'd stay. I thought that maybe giving you a second chance wouldn't hurt... but here I am finding out you're a forbidden fruit that belongs to someone else." He spoke, his voice shaking.

He sank onto the floor, hugging his knees as cried.

"Minnie..." I spoke.

I walked up to him and crouched in front of him. I lifted his head and cupped his face in my hands. He stared at me as he continued to cry, his tears collecting in my palms.

"Minnie, please let me explain. The engagement... it wasn't my decision. It's an arranged marriage between me and the daughter of a powerful businessman in Canada. My parents, they've always wanted to expand their business internationally and in order to accomplish that, they need an accomplished business partner. My parents and their business partner have agreed that having an arranged marriage between their children will symbolize a loyal bond." I explained.

"I-I didn't know." He sniffled.

"Seungmin, I love you and I never stopped loving. It completely shattered me when I had to leave you two years ago. I was foolish and I didn't think I was strong enough to fight for you. But I came back and I have no intentions to fly back to Canada and get married to someone I don't love. I don't love her Seungmin, I love you." I told him.

"What are we going to do? You're parents won't let you-" He began.

"I'll find away Seungmin, even if I have to cut my connections from them, I will." I spoke, giving him a kiss on the forehead.

I helped him stand up and enveloped him in a warm embrace. We stayed like that for while, we reminisced in the presence of each other.

My secret was out.

My arranged marriage, the real reason why I left Seungmin. I promise to my parents that I thought I could keep but realized that I couldn't.

Why marry someone you don't love when someone out there is waiting for you?

  ⇝ 

One week later

~Seungmin~

After class I waited for Jisung in the courtyard because he said he wanted a favor. Jisung walked towards me, followed by a girl.

"Hey Seungmin, this is Ahn Yujin. Can you do me a favour? Yes? Good, I'm late for a class so could you keep her company? I was assigned to show her around but I don't want her to get bored listening to a lecture. I'll go now, thanks heaps!" He rambled and sprinted away.

"Wai-" I called out but he was already off.

"Hi." She greeted charismatically.

"Oh, hello. Yujin was it?" I asked.

She nodded with a smile.

"Oh ok, I'm Seungmin. Nice to meet you." I smiled at her.

There was an awkward silence-

"So... why don't we get to know each other? Jisung has already toured me around the university." She suggested.

"Sure, um... how old are you?" I asked awkwardly.

"17." She answered.

"17?! Aren't you too young to be in university??" I choked.

"I guess I'm just really smart... I'm actually only here for a vacation, my dad got me into this university. He's a very influential man." She explained.

"Ohhh. How's your vacation been so far?" I asked her.

"It's been great! I'm actually looking for someone, but I haven't found them." She sighed.

"Is this certain someone a lover?" I cooed.

She smiled and nodded.

"How about you? Do you have a girlfriend?" She asked.

"A boyfriend actually... well I don't know if he's my boyfriend it's kinda complicated." I explained.

Suddenly, I remembered that I have date with Hyunjin. I checked the time on my phone and realized I was five minutes late.

"Shoot, umm... Yujin, I've actually got a date that I'm five minutes late to... uh, you wanna tag along? I'm sure he won't mind a third wheel just for today." I told her.

"Sure!" She jumped up.

  ⇝ 

~Hyunjin~

I waited in the cafe for Seungmin, he was five minutes late which was unusual.

"Is he still not here?" Woojin asked.

"No, you don't have to wait here with me hyung. You might get in trouble for talking to me while you're working." I told him.

"Nah, it's fine. It's not even busy, I'll keep you company." He spoke.

"Alright, thanks hyung." I smiled.

"Speaking of Seungmin, here he comes." He said, pointing out the window.

I turned and looked through the window to see Seungmin running over, with a girl following him. The cafe door swung open and in walked a breathless Seungmin. His hair was all ruffled up from the wind.

I took a quick glance at the girl behind him and I was shocked.

"What is she doing here?!" I screamed in my head.