The Little Creature

In the Everfree Forest,it was a normal day for Zecora. Brew potions,make rhymes,be bored! She sighed before she said "Another day,it is quite boring as I say!!". She put her potions away,and looked out the window."I brought this unto myself....".

It was a new day for Zecora. It was finally her 18th birthday,her rite of passage,the day of her freedom. She smiled as she saw her mother,Tania. Tania smiled as she said "My little filly has finally turned 18! But how can you go through the rite of passage? You're just a baby!!". Zecora only chuckled as she shook her head. "Mother,I need to do this!! To finally know who I am!!".

She smiled as she hugged Tania and they said their farewells. Zecora then packed her bags,and left Zebrafica forever. Along the way,she almost lost her mind,speaking in rhyme.

Zecora sighed as she thought about her mother. "Why did I leave her behind;what was in my mind!?". She looked down in guilt,until she heard a strange sound. It sounded like a foal crying,in the Everfree Forest. Without thinking, Zecora rushed to it.

She kept on running, until she stopped at a hut that resembled what a village leader would live in, large and decorated with shells, paint, and stones. She gulped nervously, and walked inside slowly. "Hello? I just found this home, and it must belong to you!" Zecora shouted, waiting for an answer. She looked around for a second, and gasped when she saw a gruesome sight. A man and a woman were lying on the ground, seeming to be asleep.

But they weren't. Bloody  pawprints were surrounding them, painting the ground with blood. Slashes from claws were on their legs, arms, faces, and necks. The woman's hand even was missing, bit clean off. Zecora gasped, and began to back away quickly.

She heard something shatter, and looked down. She saw that she had stepped on a portrait of the couple. They were dressed in fine clothes, and the woman was holding a baby girl that was smiling. Zecora picked it up, and traced a hoof over the baby. She gasped as she heard the crying sound again.

It seemed to be coming from a basket that was behind a curtain and two couches, keeping it hidden. Zecora slowly walked to it, her eyes narrowing. She pulled the curtain away before pushing a couch to the far side of the room. She then took the top off of the basket. She gasped at what she saw.

A human toddler was crying for her mother, but then she rubbed her eyes. She then blinked before she looked at Zecora. Zecora titled her head curiously, and the toddler copied her. The toddler looked nervous for a second, but soon reached a small hand up to Zecora. Zecora nuzzled it, making the small toddler laugh.

The toddler then grabbed onto Zecora's muzzle, and laughed in joy as Zecora lifted her into her waiting hooves. The toddler then nuzzled Zecora's chest,and yawned as she fell asleep. Zecora smiled, and said "Sweet dreams to you, my dear Moana.".