III ✔️ The Sixth Sense

THE TUNNEL WAS DARK AND EERIE. Occasionally Elizabeth saw a flicker of flame. Finally she heard a voice.

"I hear you, tits." It was Patrick Hocksetter. He was part of the Bowers gang. The Bowers gang didn't really mess with Elizabeth, besides Henrys occasional sexual whisper. "Don't think you can stay down here all damn day." Patrick sneered. A sinking feeling was pushed into Betty's stomach. It was coming, the pain the torture.

"You found us, Patrick. You found us, Patrick Patrick." Several voices said. Standing in front of the boy was at least a dozen Zombie looking creatures.

"Fuck." Patrick shouted before running down the sewer into a dead end. He stood their silently looking into the closed off grate. He slowly turned around to see a balloon that read. I Derry. The balloon suddenly popped revealing the clown. The clown charged at Patrick, attacking his face.

Betty woke up screaming. She clutched her face with her hands, tears springing from her eyes. Next to her Thomas jolted awake.

"Betty what's wrong!?" He asked panicked.

"It hurts, It hurts." She screamed over and over. Her brother tried to calm her down but failed miserably.

Eventually, Betty stopped screaming, though her face still hurt like hell. Thomas ended up falling back asleep. But Elizabeth did not. She stayed awake the rest of night her covers pulled all the way up to her chin, and her eyes scanning the room.

◀▶

As soon as it turned daylight Betty climbed out of her bed, careful not to
wake her twin. She really wished Tom would sleep in his own room and worry about her but she knew he would never agree. Especially after last night.

Elizabeth headed downstairs to get some breakfast. Her mother was always awake by Seven.

"Good morning." Her mother smiled.

"Morning." she mumbled in return.

"When your ready, I'd like you to go to Mr. Keenes to get your medication. They called last night saying it was ready. " Naomi told her daughter before going back to reading the morning paper.

"Okay mom." Betty said pouring herself a bowl of cereal.

"Is Tommy up yet?" Her mother quizzed.

"No I let him sleep." She told her.

"Oh well do you feel comfortable walking up by yourself?" Naomi asked rasing her brow.

"Im not a baby mother." Betty snapped before taking her bowl to the table and going upstairs.

Betty got ready for the day. She braided her hair into two braids and pulled a grey tank top over head. She pulled up a pair of white shorts with thin stripes if color on and slipped on a pair of keds. Thomas was still asleep. She smiled at down at her sleeping brother. He was probably the only person that actually believed anything she said.

"Im going to the pharmacy." Elizabeth called shutting the front door.

During her walk she hummed quietly to herself. The day was sunny and bright. It was the perfect temperature, not to hot not to cold.

When she opened the door to the Pharmacy the little bells signaling someone had entered the building went off.

"Ah Miss Byers here for your medication?" Mr. Keene asked when she entered the building, she just nodded in return. Mr. Keene the father if the dreaded Greta Keene was a creepy man and probably a pedophile.

"Hi sleepy, having a nice summer." Greta smirked sitting at the front counter. Betty didn't say anything she just focused on a pack of cigarettes in front of her. "Didnt you hear me? What are you deaf!?" Greta's smiled wider knowing she was upsetting Elizabeth. "Whatever loser." Greta mumbled before packing up her stuff. "See you later, dad." Greta said to her approaching father.

See ya, Greta." He said before handing Betty her medicine.

"Thanks Mr. Keene." Betty mumbled before turning around to go back home.

"I like your glasses, Mr. Keene. You look just like Clark Kent." A voice said.
Betty stopped dead in her tracks. She recognized that voice from the last day of school. She turned around and saw a red headed girl talking to Mr. Keene. Betty sighed sadly, she didn't know the girl at all. She turned back around and went to leave the store when someone ran into her, knocking her to the ground. The person immediately began to apologize. Betty looked up at the person and she almost choked, he was good looking.

"Its okay." She replied a light dust covering her cheeks. She felt like an idiot what she didn't know was the boy felt the same way. He felt stupid to run into such a pretty girl.

"Betty Byer." She said sticking out her hand.

"B-Bill Denbrough." He replied shaking her hand. Her face dropped into a frown.

"Im sorry." She told him. He furrowed his brow in confusion."About your brother, I meant to say sorry but I didn't know what you looked like so I uh couldn't really." Betty awkwardly scratched the back of her neck.

"Oh. Its fine t-th-thanks." Bill said equally as awkward.

"Well I uh should get going." Betty said and began walking to the door. Bill went to move out of the doorway but ended up blocking her way. At the same time they both moved again. Bill still blocking the doorway.

"H-Here." Bill said moving out of the doorway completely.

"Thanks." She said leaving the flustered boy behind her. She walked down the street when she heard shouting.

"Oh my gosh are you okay." Elizabeth exclaimed looking toward the noise. A boy had a bad cut on his stomach that was bleeding profusely. The boy shook his head no slightly. "Well is their anything I can do?" She asked forgetting all about her run in with Greta and Bill. That looks like it hurts a lot."

"Yeah can you get Richie to shut up so I can clean his wound." A short boy piped up. That was the first time she noticed that there were other kids in the alley.

"Im good man no need to shush me." Richie Tozier spoke up. Richie she knew who he was. He was the annoying kid in math class. Other then him no one looked familiar to her.

"Ben from soc'?" the same voice from the bathroom said. "Are you okay, that looks like it hurts." She asked her face shone of worry.

"No I'm good. I just fell." The boy, Ben, said trying to hide the pain.

"Yeah, right into Henry Bowers." Richie snorted.

"Shut it, R-R-Richie!" Bill hissed.

"Why? It's the truth." Richie argued. Elizabeth stood watching in confusion and humor.

"You sure they got "The Right Stuff" to fix you up?" The girl winked smiling.

"You know w-w-w-w-we'll take care of him. Thanks again, Beverly." Bill said to the girl. Ah Beverly thats her name. Betty thought. Wait Beverly Marsh the slut. Now what Greta said made sense.

"Sure, maybe I'll see you around." Beverly smiled once more.

"Yeah, we were maybe thinking about going to the q-q-q-quarry tomorrow, if you wanna... Come?" Bill asked.

"Good to Know. Thanks." Bev said before walking off.

"Betty, you c-c-can come t-t-to if you want." Bill asked Betty. She thought for a moment.

"Sure, but can my brother come?" Betty asked not feeling entirely warmed up to the group.

"Sure, Tom right?" The short kid asked.

"Yeah how'd you know?" She asked furrowing her brow.

"We used to be friends with him, but then you guys moved away from my house so we stopped seeing him. I don't ever remember seeing you though." A kid with curly hair explained.

"Well I was never one for playing outside, never had enough energy. Anyway I should probably get going." Elizabeth said walking away from the group of boys. She would have to ask her brother about this.

"Betty..... " I voice whispered. She whipped around but know one was their. She shook it off and kept walking. She only picked up her pace once she saw a silhouette in her peripheral vision.