"That doesn't make me feel any better." I say as Noah walks back to his packet of Doritos and I pull my blonde hair up into a high pony on top of my head.  

"But it made you smile." Noah points out as I pull a few strands down to frame my face. I slip into my denim jacket and slide my arms through the arms of my bag, hanging them on my shoulders and Noah throws one strap of his bag over his. 

After locking my dorm we take the stairs, figuring it's safer than cramming into an elevator full of guys where one could "accidentally" stick their hand up my skirt resulting in me having to break their nose or wrist....or both.

As we cross the courtyard heading towards Calgary Hall, the main building consisting of classrooms, I could feel everyone's stares on me. Some just staring blatantly and some turning to their friends to whisper. 

"What's with all the stares?" I question Noah, glancing around the crowded courtyard, "Is this how you welcome new students. Because newsflash, it's fucking creepy." 

"Everyone knows that you're the only girl rooming in the Elwood." Noah whispers in return, bending down slightly so his mouth was in proximity of my hearing. "Like I said, word flies fucking fast in these parts." 

I try to ignore the stares as we continue on our way to class, but it doesn't work as well as I hoped and the stares increased the closer we get to the classrooms and the courtyards become more heavily populated. 

My first class of the year is English Lit, the most mundane class possible. I have a study period after this however and I will use it to go see Headmaster Sullivan about my rooming arrangements. I will finally be able to get the hell away from Chase and never utter a single word to him again. Dreams actually do come true. 

Noah walks me to a class, before departing to his own Good Behaviour class. I stroll in casually, clutching my grey folder to my chest as my eyes gaze over the already busy classroom. I spot a a desk a few rows down near the window and silently walk towards it as the stares stick to me like glue. 

I place my folder on the surface, slipping my bag to the ground as I slowly take my seat. I smile at my new desk buddy, a sweet looking girl with brown eyes, heavy black eyeshadow and a silver nose ring, "Hi, I'm Hay—" 

She screams. Well more like shrieks like a damn fucking banshee, her mouth wide open as her high-pitched shrills fill the classroom.

"Oh shit-oh fuck!" I mumble, swiping my bag up from the ground and my folder from the desk as I stumble out of my chair, trying to get the hell away from the possessed girl. When I finally raise to my full height, the students in the classroom are chuckling quietly and I slip my bag back onto my shoulder, blowing a strand of hair out of my eyes.

"Hey, new girl." I turn around at the voice, noticing a girl with perfect sun-kissed skin and a head full of curly black hair. She smiles at me as she waves me over to her table. I shuffle towards her as she pats the wooden surface of the desk, "This seats free." 

I smile, laughing breathless as I sit down next to her and drop my bag to the floor, "Thanks." 

"No problem." She grins, placing her chin on her the knuckles intertwined hands, "I'm Vera Miller, by the way." 

"Hayden Jones." I introduce myself, placing my grey folder on the desk in front of me. 

Her brown eyes widen, "Oh, so you're the girl who's dorming in Elwood. Lucky you." 

"Lucky? Try karma hasn't had enough of my ass and wants another go." I roll my eyes, sighing as I rest my elbows on the surface of the desk and glance over at her, wondering why such a beautiful girl was here of all places. She looked like a model, "So, Vera, what the hell are you doing in here?"