ten

...

Can I call my family? They don't know where I've been for months," Marisol asked Ross as he exited the car. She exited the car along with him and he was shocked to see that she was fully capable of standing now.

"Wait, how are you standing right now? I just shot you maybe fifteen minutes ago?" Ross asked bluntly.

"Oh, it's--it's part of the powers. I heal pretty quickly." Marisol explained nonchalantly.

"You're not in pain either?"

"Of course I am, but I have more things to worry about right now than pain in my leg,"

Ross took a moment to process Marisol's nonchalant attitude. So much had happened to this girl in such a short amount of time and all she could think about was calling her family.

"Well you can't talk to them yet, we still have a lot to talk about," Marisol silently agreed to what Ross said. "And we're getting your injury looked at."

...

"I need to know the extent of your powers," Ross questioned.

Marisol had gotten her wound cleaned and stitched. It was incredibly quick and caught the attention of everyone else too. Marisol looked normal on the outside but the people here knew someone was special as soon as they walked through the door. Marisol was more special than what they were used to though.

"Well, I guess for right now, they're pretty strong. Strong enough that I was surprised you were able to come back to reality so soon." Marisol answered.

Ross and Marisol sat right across from each other, a metal table between them. A two-way mirror was parallel to them, Marisol knew people were watching from there. She also knew that people were usually handcuffed to this table, but she wasn't. The loop for the other end of the handcuffs stood out like a reminder of who was in charge.

"So your only powers are triggering memories?" Ross asked as he had just finished writing notes from Marisol's previous answer.

"Yes, and I can relive them myself. Like stepping into their shoes except it's very realistic," Marisol became uncomfortable at the mention of reliving memories.

"Are these memories that you choose or are they random?"

"I always choose them," After Marisol's reply, you could see the gleam of fear in Ross's eyes. It lasted less than a second but Marisol saw it.

"Why is that?" Ross composed himself again.

"I have to choose the worst ones."