Picture The Stars

Start from the beginning

Jisoo: it's soup, silly :) I'm sure it tastes the same.

"Are we really going to be making an entire Thanksgiving dinner twice?" Jisoo asked, watching as their kart got increasingly more full.

"Every year." Lisa nodded, ""You can invite Soojoo if you want. Or Jennie?"

"Oh, I don't know." Jisoo shrugged and checked her phone. No more texts from Jennie.

"Things not going like you hoped?" Lisa asked, turning down a new isle.

"No. Well, I don't know." Jisoo sighed.

"What is it Chu?"

"I just, I really like Jennie." Jisoo started.

"I'm aware." Lisa held up two bags of marshmallows, trying to decide which to throw in the kart.

Jisoo grabbed the bigger bag and dropped it in with the rest of their groceries, "but I get the feeling she doesn't have many friends. And I mean, she's had plenty of chances to do something to show she wants to be more than friends but hasn't." She paused, chewing on her lip for a moment, "so I've kind of accepted nothing is going to happen and I'm just trying to be ok with just being her friend. Even though it might possibly kill me."

"Wow. That's some serious self control." Lisa started pushing the kart slowly.

"I guess." Jisoo grumbled and followed Lisa to the checkout line. Another buzz from her phone made her check it immediately.

Jennie: It still tastes different.

Jisoo: I'll be there in 30

Jisoo shoved her phone in her pocket and quickly took the packed up grocery bags and slung them over her arms.

"In a hurry Chu?" Lisa asked, grabbing the last of the bags and following Jisoo out into the cold air.

"Just don't want to keep Chaeyoung waiting." Jisoo shrugged, picking up her pace.

"Uh huh." Lisa nodded, trying to keep up.

"You got all this?" Jisoo asked as she dropped the bags on the counter.

"Yeah. Say hi to your 'friend'." Lisa shook her head and shoved Jisoo back towards the door.

"yeah, yeah.." Jisoo felt herself start to blush as she stumbled her way out the door.

——

"I'm starving." Jennie pulled open the door wide before turning and walking away, leaving it open, "What took you so long?"

Jisoo chuckled as she walked in and shut the door behind her, "Oh please." She rolled her eyes and set her bike helmet on the counter and dropped her backpack on the ground, "It only took me 20 minutes to get here."

"Why's your face look like that?" Jennie sat down at the counter and pushed a bowl of leftover soup in Jisoo's direction.

"Its cold outside." Jisoo narrowed her eyes in a mock glare as she grabbed the soup and walked over to the microwave. She shut the door and caught sight of her reflection. Her cheeks were pink from the cold wind as she rode her bike over from her apartment and her hair disheveled from her helmet. The microwave beeped loudly, Jisoo quickly tried to tame her hair before taking the soup out and putting it back in front of Jennie.

"mmm." Jennie hummed happily as she slurped a spoonful of soup into her mouth, "See it didn't taste like this when I warmed it up."

"I'm sure." Jisoo rolled her eyes and looked around the apartment, "Where's Joey?"