Quicksand

^ Professor Jung Krystal

Jisoo sat there watching Jennie chew on the end of her pencil as she went over the notes from class. Something was different but she wasn't sure what. It was weird.

It was something about Jennie that was different. Jisoo knew that much. But, she was still acting like Jennie. Snarky, sarcastic, flirty, the usual. Same smirk, same eye roll, same complete lack of people skills or ability to care about it. But something was different.

"Like the view, sweetheart?"

Jisoo's eyes narrowed for a second before she looked away. It was the delivery. Or maybe the follow through? The flirty words were the same, but the way she said them was different. Almost like she was nervous. But that would be crazy.

"You're being weird." Jisoo said flatly, leaning her chin on her hand.

They had been in the library for an hour now and her posture was suffering dramatically. Her elbow rested on her knee, back slouched over and in another five minutes she probably wouldn't be wearing shoes anymore.

"What are you talking about?" Jennie rolled her eyes before leaning back against the couch.

"See, right there." Jisoo sat up and pointed to her, "you weren't committed to that eye roll."

Jennie raised an eyebrow, "are you complaining about the sincerity of my eye roll just now?" She was truly dumbfounded. Jisoo had a tendency to surprise her, but this was strange, even for her.

Jisoo realized she probably did seem crazy and pouted slightly before turning back to her book.

Jennie worried her bottom lip between her teeth for a second. Apparently not being obvious about her crush wasn't as easy as she thought. She had finally accepted her feelings- but had no intention of doing anything about it. Last time she opened herself up to the possibility.....

Let's just say it didn't end well.

She leaned forward and snatched the bag of gummy bears off the table and before Jisoo could protest, popped a green one in her mouth.

At least that wasn't different, Jisoo thought to herself.

"Are you even paying attention?" Jennie tossed another green gummy bear in her mouth.

"I'm trying." Jisoo slouched even further in her chair, "Its just easier when you give me examples."

Jennie nodded as she chewed the gummy in her mouth, her eyes scanning the room slowly. "Alright." She pushed herself up off the couch and leaned over close to Jisoo as she walked by, "Pay attention."

Jisoo sat up and shifted in her chair to watch Jennie. She made her way over to a table where another student had been studying alone and sat down across from him. The student looked up briefly before looking back down to his book.

Jennie crossed her leg over her knee and threw her elbow up over the back of the chair, she turned and gave Jisoo a wink before turning back to the stranger and saying something.

Jisoo wasn't close enough to hear what was being said, but watched Jennie carefully anyway. As soon as the dark haired girl had the boys attention, she shifted her posture. She uncrossed her knee and put her elbows on the table in front of her. Jisoo still wasn't sure what she was doing but curiosity made her watch intently.

It took a minute before Jisoo saw it. Jennie was mirroring the strangers movements. Not too obviously, but anytime he shifted his position in his chair, she did the same. He scratched his face, she copied. He smiled, she smiled. Pretty soon she would do her own movements the boy ended up copying them back, just like she had.