a) metanoia

•• metanoia ••

•• metanoia ••

[ of clumsy boys, new faces and tardiness ]

Typical student life will describe Chanhee the best. He is accepted to enroll in a college –in a rural area; lives in dormitory of four; and have classes from eight until four every day.

Chanhee lifts his head up and gazes the tall hostel building upon him. The students walk pass him, each of them are accompanied by their parents and relatives. Some of them are crying and even wailing –the worst, clinging onto their parents and regret their decision of coming. Chanhee tenderly smile as he pulls his luggage along him. He is alone, since his middle school.

A boy hurriedly strides pass and pushes Chanhee in the process of struggling to carry his backpack while pulling his two luggage at once. Chanhee is not alarmed of his presence, shock sends him off to the cold gravel road, scattering things in his sling bag in the process.

"Oh, sorry!!" he turns around and apologetically bows. "Are you alright?" the boy leaves all his belongings to check on Chanhee and helps him to gather his scattered things on the gravel.

"Here's your phone." The boy hands Chanhee the last item that he picks, his eyes meet with Chanhee's and suddenly an odd feelings hit him –his stomach churns and he feels nauseous.

Chanhee takes his phone, glaring to the people around him who are just ignorant of him and then back to the boy. The boy has fluffy black hair, black studs and light eye-makeup –what Chanhee observes and his face still shows his concerns over his clumsiness.

"It is fine." Chanhee reassures since the boys does not stop apologizing.

The boys' face looks more relieved as he happily let out a sigh of relieve. "Thanks God. Oh yes, I am Lee Juyeon by the way."

Chanhee looks up, is feeling flustered by Juyeon's simple introduction. "Choi Chanhee." He replies without offering handshake. It is a brief introduction from both parties by hearing the latter's soft and mellow voice sends warmth to Chanhee's heart –what is this strange sensation that tinges him?

Their meetings bid its farewell as someone hollers for Juyeon's name and the clumsy boy get up, clumsily trips him with the luggage handle in the process as he tries to reach out the guy that is standing at the alleyway. Chanhee can hear Juyeon shouting 'hyung' or then something about being late and bus broke in between his panted breath.

Grabbing his luggage, Chanhee forwards to the hostel lobby to retrieve his room keys.

"Okay, is he gonna be late for every semester?" Younghoon impatiently fidgets while glancing at his wristwatch for every second.

"You know him well," another voice pipes in as he put down his backpack on the bed and sits down on the chair. The immense comfort embraces him after being in pain in the back for carrying his huge backpack on his back.

Younghoon turns around to face his best friend and also roommate for a year. "He definitely follows your trait." Younghoon spat, making a duck face before gazing outside of the window.

The sight of new students always wonders him –he is really a senior now. And he better show a good attitude to them, he thinks. But there is one thing that ticks him off right now –the absence of another roommate of them.

"Ugh that tall ass boy Lee Juyeon! He better be here before I-"

"Before you what?" The said boy peeks in, in all sudden. "The bus broke down and I have to walk until here."

"Aww you poor thing!" Hyunjae helps Juyeon to bring in his stuff. "Oh my gosh, are you moving here permanently or what?!" Hyunjae's eyes bulge out after seeing Juyeon's large luggages. On top of that, there are two of them.

To answer that, Juyeon sheepishly smiles as he awkwardly scratches the back of his neck. "You know I am not good in packing."

Younghoon glares at the youngest, he rolls his eyes in annoyance before making himself to help Hyunjae and Juyeon out of humanities -at least he stills posseses those empathy.

Juyeon starts to unpack as all of hus belongings are loaded into the room. His eyes fall at the empty bed beside Younghoon's.

"Hyung, is it going to be just three of us this semester? Since Jeonghan hyung graduated last semester."

Hearing Juyeon's asking, Younghoon finally remembers. He let out a gasp then it becomes a pout. "It won't be fun if it is just three of us."

"Who knows a junior may join us? Sangyeon hyung says the rooms are full." Hyunjae speaks while reorganizing his desk. "Ugh, why there are so many ants?"

Speak of the devil, the door clicks open and a specky boy peeks in. He clumsily hits his head in the process too; Juyeon may has new friend.

"Uh, hello... I am Kim Geonhak but you can call me Leedo, your new roommate..." Leedo timidly observes the room surrounding. In his eyes, he sees an empty bed -which is his for sure and there is a boy who is staring at him next to it. Leedo makes a mental note -his eyes are beautiful. And then there's this boy who is unpacking, he seems to be confused but his hands are working on the shirts fold. Another one is agape while lying on the bed.

"Uh, nice to meet you all!!" Leedo bows 90 degrees to them all.

And laughter erupts.

"Don't be too formal with us! We are in the same batch, I guess?" The one who is agape jumps from his bed and pats Leedo's shoulder although.

"Wow, you are very built." The confused one blurts, his eyes are in daze and his jaw slightly drops.

Leedo chuckles. These boys are so cute, thank God he does not have any strange roommates for this semester!

💛

Revamped for 2021.
Added some new characters too.
Enjoy 🥺

🧡