Lonely Deemo

In a small house, there lived a Deemo, and only a Deemo. Isolated and lonely. He had nobody... To put it frankly, he was a loner. Unknown to how he got to this house in the first place, he treat it like his home. His slender, stick-like fingers would play on his piano everyday, creating new songs or from books. It was quite a bore some world he lived in. Deep down, Deemo never quite understood his reason for living but continued anyway.

Finishing a song called 'Dreams' he wrote inside a thick book that stored all of Deemo's composed pieces. It was dark brown and had a metal close, to keep everything secure. Since he never had anything else to do, Deemo decided to play a piece he created a few days ago. Each note the creature hit was perfectly on time. Passionate about the way he played, melody echoed across the empty room. Pillars of ivy loomed over Deemo which made him experience the same bitterness of melancholy over and over again. Feeling lost, he stopped playing and took a break: he needed it...

Opening the door to the library, Deemo looked for a book that caught his eye. He had read most of them so he picked a book that looked like a red brick... and indeed, it was just as heavy as bricks. Although Deemo needed some muscle power to lift the book, he didn't need to stretch his arms to reach the top shelf as they were long enough without the extension of his arms. Once the 'brick' was retrieved, instantly the book-worm began reading away. It was about trees and life as such. Never seeing a life form apart from his own existence, he was learned a lot in those book and somehow felt like he once experienced these objects in person.

Finally finishing his book in 1 hour (yes, he is a fast reader) Deemo, came to the conclusion that he needed to complete his song before he forgot as it seemed to bug him more than usual. Trying one more time, his fingers pressed the piano delicately on soft areas of the song, vice versa.

Suddenly, out of the blue, the window on the roof slammed open! Wind gushed through the ceiling. Green, 'paper' drifted down onto his piano. He stared up. The room felt cooler with the wind gushing in. Just when he though the sudden surprise was over, a loud scream came booming, mixing with the howl of the wind.

"GAHHHH~" A small girl was falling through his window. Deemo, fearful to why she was falling, stretched his arms, giving impact for the girl to land on. Her eyes were tightly squeezed shut, but suddenly opened when she came to notice that she was no longer falling. Her hazel nut eyes stared into Deemo's button eyes. Deemo put her down on top of the piano to have a closer examination of the human. He had seen many books of humans, but never seen one in real life.

*Little Girl POV*

Tall and lanky, a creature, as black as the starry night, stared back at me. I presume its a male since it has such a humanoid figure and a bow tie. Bow ties are for guys right? I think so... Something about him makes me feel uncomfortable, yet so peaceful. His presence makes me all tingly inside. I don't know him... or do I? I don't even know where I am, nevermind who this person is. Speaking of which, he is kinda still, like a statue. Maybe I should say something... But can he say something?

*Normal POV*

The little girl stretched out her petite charcoal hands. Deemo looked at the hands. It confused him to why they were black like his, but more smaller. Looking at his monstrous sized fingers, he was scared to exchange the hand shake. Would she be frightful? Glancing at the blank girl, she stared at the fingers. Her jaw dropped, but soon after, her gasp, turned into a warming smile. Taking this as an opportunity, he slowly Interlocked her hands. Glancing at the little girl, he saw a her surprised eyes and small gasp; which later, turned into a heart-warming smile. Shocked with the facial expression, Deemo smiled back... But he didn't have a mouth, so it was slightly difficult to express his feelings towards the acceptance of his figure. However, he was slightly stuck... What was he suppose to do now? He couldn't start a conversation, or interact with his new friend without feeling awkward. Was she even his friend? Just because she accepted his figure, doesn't mean she accepted him himself.

"H-hello... C-can I get down, p-please?" Politely asked the mysterious girl. Snapping out of his mental dilemma, he instantly let go of her hands, and carried her to the ground where she stood. Deemo was concerned to why she was stuttering. Was it cold? It certainly wasn't cold to him... Maybe she's terrified. But if she was, then why did she offer up her hand? Is it because she's terrified of (not me, but) the surroundings... It was quite isolated, but who would be scared of here? What happens if she was traumatized from the fall. That WAS a big fall, and if he was falling from the sky, then he would be just as petrified: he would scream for that matter... If he had a mouth...

*Little Girl POV*

This black stick-like creature lifted me off a big table, and onto the floor. I stuttered a little... And now he keeps looking at me with pondering eyes. He does look a tiny bit human but he doesn't have any facial features apart from white button eyes. I feel like I know him... His name began with the letter 'D'. Should I ask him? It doesn't have a mouth, so how does it reply? Telepathically?! Wow, maybe he's psychic!

"Umm, sir? What's your name?" I asked. Here it comes: his telepathic voice!

*Deemo's POV*

The young girl with fluffy brown hair spoke again, but this time, with more confidence. It's good that she was more stable in her dialogue than before. In fact, her eyes seemed to twinkle in the light which made her look very cute. Although the change in atmosphere is apparent, she asked me a question of what my name was. For one thing, I can't remember... I didn't need my name so I just... Forgot it. And secondly, I couldn't reply. I wished I could but I didn't have any human properties for speaking. Maybe I can write!

*Normal POV*

Deemo rushed a small hut in desperate search for a pen and paper. Watching him walk away, the young child was confused to why he ignored her. Patting her plain white dress, she followed him, hoping she would get the answer if she did. Along the way, she looked around at the place in awe. Beautiful regal pillars covered in twisting ivy, whilst baubles of light dangled from each pillar; reflected on the crystal, marble floor. The walls were engraved with swirly patterns that were parallel to a simple, white piano.