Marks

I sprint down the hall while clinging onto Draco's hand who is moving faster than I am. With all the excitement Daphne caused we were late. I had been waiting to get my mark for months and I was late. We all were.

Blaise and Theo were running side by side with their hands intertwined. Daphne who's eyes we bright red and she could barely stand was making her way much slower than the rest of us. While Adrian walked next to her with a worried look in his eye. She hasn't told him yet.

Pansy and Marcus were ahead of all of us. They were racing.

The only ones who got there on time were Luna and Astoria. Astoria will probably get her mark first now.

We collect ourselves before walking into the meeting room. I'm the only one of those getting the mark to be wearing a mask. I'm still 'dead'.

Draco and Blaise break off from us since they already have their marks.

We make our way up to the front of the room and stand in a line. I'm at the end next to Theo.

"Our future lies in our youth. These seven our some of our strongest recruits. They will now be officially joining the Deatheaters" Voldy yells the last part.

The Deatheaters in the room cheer.

"Astoria Greengrass"

Astoria walks and stands right next to Voldy. She puts her arm out and Voldy takes his wand and lays it on her forearm. She winces and grits her teeth. I watch as the mark appears on her arm and Voldy removes his wand.

The room once again applauds as she steps back into line. Her face much paler now than it was when we started.

"Daphne Greengrass"

We make our way down one by one until Theo and I our the only ones who haven't received it yet.

"Theodore Nott"

He looks at me "fight me Granger"

"Let's go then Nott" he smirks before making his way up to the front on the room.

"Final recruit"

I make my way up after Theo finds his place in line.

I stand in front of Voldy and put out my arm. I can tell that the Deatheaters are trying to figure out who I am.

I feel the wand touch my arm and I flinch when the mark causes my arm to burn. The black inks flows onto my arm creating the mark.

He removed his wand and I stare at the dark mark now covering my arm.

The room applauds and I step back into line.

I smile when I see Blaise walking forward. He must be coming up to congratulate Theo. Voldy ends the meeting and the Deatheaters break ranks to talk to one another.

I look up at Blaise again.

"GET DOWN" I scream tackling Theo down with me. The spell explodes above our head.

I had learned in fourth year how to know if someone was imperioed. Blaise perfectly fit this description. Everyone not living in the manor disapperates.

I see Lucius slowly walking towards us. Not towards Blaise but the ones trying to avoid his spells.

"GET HER OUT OF HERE" I yell pointing at Daphne.

Blaise noticed where I'm pointing and turns his wand toward her.

"CRUCIO"

I scream and jump in front of the spell.

Agony. I arch my back off the ground and scream. The pain is blinding. I feel myself start to fade before suddenly the pain stops.

Theo is on the ground trying to wrestle the wand away from Blaise. Blaise gets control and throws Theo across the room into a wall. He crumples on the ground and doesn't move.

I see a shadow fall over me and look up to see Blaise. I reach my arm up and in a weak voice "please" I can barely hear it myself.

Blaise smirks before pointing his wand straight at my head.

"Avada K-"

He falls to the ground with Draco tackling him.

Draco is shoved off and Blaise once again stands up. But now he's closer to Astoria. She pulls out her wand but he kicks her wrist and she screams and drops her wand.

"Stupefy" Blaise falls to the ground. "Petrificus totales"

I look up to see Luna standing behind him.

Pansy's up in seconds and kneeling next to me. I watch Marcus and Narcissa rush towards Theo who still hadn't moved. Rudolphus checks on Draco while Bella checks on Astoria's wrist.

"I'm tired" I mutter to Pansy. Her eyes widen slightly. "Don't sleep you probably have a concussion"

"It hurts" I reply weakly.

"I know Mione"

My muscles ached down to the bone. My head was throbbing. Adrian and Lucius both sit next to me.

"We're going to levitate you up to your room"

I nod in acknowledgement before I'm levitated off the ground and into the hallway. After a few moments I'm in my bed and I'm being handed potions. I chug them all down before laying back into my pillows.

"You ok" Pansy asks from my chair.

"Just peachy" I reply turning on to my side and wincing in the process.

"Is Theo ok?" I ask after a moment of silence.

"He's still asleep but he should be fine. Concussion and some broken bones."

"Astoria?"

"Broken wrist"

"Draco"

"He's fine just shaken up"

I nod. "Do you think I can safely sleep now"

"Probably but you should probably wait until Cissa clears you."

I groan I just wanna sleep.

After about ten minutes Narcissa comes in looking exhausted.

"How you feeling Hermione"

"In pain but that's what you'd expect and tired very very tired"

"Well you should be fine to sleep. Set an alarm for about two hours though you have another potion to take then"

"Ok thank you Narcissa"

She smiles before turning and leaving my room.

"Goodnight Pansy"

Goodnight Hermione"

I look over at Pansy to see her making herself comfortable on my chair.

I reach up and turn off my light before closing my eyes and finally falling asleep.

Sorry it's taken me so long to write I've had horrible writers block. I was finally able to get a chapter out though. Thank you guys for reading (-: