Training

Steve approached me, the day after the Madam HYDRA Fiasco.
'Hey, kid, meet me in the training room, 10 minutes.' He jogged past me, his outstanding pace making it seem more like a sprint. Turning on my heel, I went back in to my room to get changed.

My shorts and crop top showed off my... abs. Since when have I had those?

Tying my hair up in a neat ponytail, I hear a soft groan.
'Five more minutes...' I turn to see Peter rubbing his eyes.
'Hey Pete.' I whisper, wrapping my bruised and bloody knuckles.
'Let me guess... sneaking out?' He sighs, sitting up in his bed.
'No, actually, training session with Steve.' I respond, finishing up my preparation.
'Can I watch?' He asks, his soft and gentle voice making me fuzzy on the inside. Nodding, he gets out of his bed, his hello kitty pajamas comfortably decorating him.
'Let's go, come on!' I giggle, signalling for him to race me.

We bust open the door, as I say smugly.
'I win, Peter!'
He pants, his slightly red cheeks slowly clearing up.
'How are you not... panting...?'
Shrugging, I kick my bag in to a corner.
'I'm running only on my 11th cup of coffee, Peter. Technically, I shouldn't even be conscious.'
He laughs breathily at my comment, before sitting outside the ring. Steve was stretching energetically, and happily said.
'Hey kid, you ready to show me what you already know?'
Downplaying my confidence, I let them underestimate me.
'I'm a little nervous.' He smiles, and comforts me.
'You'll do great kid, I won't go too hard on you.' His red boxing gloves suggest otherwise, and I duck under the rings barriers.
In the corner of my eyes, I see Peter intently watching.
'3,2,1... go!' Steve announces, as we start to circle the ring. Suddenly, he lunges at me, his powerful fists throwing themselves at me. Dodging it, I dive through his now open legs, and grab his feet as I slide through. He loses balance, without missing a beat, I quickly swipe my foot under his leg. He falls on one knee, and says.
'Jesus, kid, you sure you don't want to kick it up a notch?'
Nodding, I jump back in to my place.
'Let's do this!' He chuckles at my excited response, and restarts the match.
'3, 2, 1, go!' He declares, as we once again start to circle the ring. Peter was now standing next to ring, intensely watching next to someone. Focusing on Steve, I let myself go back to my space. Readjusting my posture, Steve takes the first move. This man is definitely reckless.

Jumping towards me, I have to duck to avoid his swinging punch. They would have me down in one hit, certainly. When something extraordinary happens.

Steve throws a forceful punch, and I hold out my right hand. Catching it in my fist, I take him by surprise. Silence, as the force shakes my arm slightly. The loud sound echoes slightly, as I stare directly in to his shocked eyes.
Using it to my advantage, I flip over his broad shoulders, and land powerfully on the floor. Slamming him in to the floor, I hear chatter and murmurs.
'Steve, you ok?' I whisper, watching his wincing expression.
He opens his eyes, proudly grinning.
'Never been better.' He points to the back of the room, and Stark, Natasha, Wanda, Damien, Oliver, Ashley, Clint, Sam, Bucky and Peter were staring at us.
He calls out to them.
'Can I train them?' They murmur, before shouting back confidently.
'All yours, Steve.' Getting up of the floor, I offer Steve a hand. He squints at it confused, before shrugging and accepting it. Pulling him to the ground, they draw us over to them.
'Okay, good job kid, but we have some news.' Stark begins, as I start to unravel my fists.
'Fire away, Tony.' Steve replies.
'So, as I've already got permission to be these guys' guardian, I think it would be appropriate that Steve be yours.' Tony stated, as I look up, smiling.
'Sure.' Steve grins, and pats my head. He gives Stark a strong thumbs up.
'Okay, so what does that mean?'
I ask, still not entirely sure what that meant.
'Steve is now responsible for you, your safety and your wellbeing.'
Nodding, I fire another question.
'Who's looking after Oliver, Damien, Peter and Ashley?'
Stark looks up for three seconds, remembering the answer.
'Me.' Giving them all a thumbs up, again, I wave goodbye.
'Okay, I'll be in my bed, if anyone needs me.'
Steve chuckles again, before waving back.
'Go on, you've earned it.'

Trudging back in the bedroom, I curl up in the blanket, when I hear the door open.
'Hey y/n.'
'Hi.'
'Good night, y/n.'
'See you soon, y/n.'
They all chorused, climbing in to their own beds.
'Night.' I sigh back, drifting in to a light sleep.