XIV

'I did as you asked, Harvey,' Mike told him

Harvey turned around, 'And?'

Mike bit his lip, 'You're not going to like it.'

Harvey frowned, 'Just tell me what happened!'

Mike sighed as he pulled out a bunch of papers, 'The posting office was bribed not to send your letters to Kyra, but I can't find who paid them. The curious thing is... she said she send you letters as well, so someone had to stop those too. Apparently they attempted to bribe the post office where her letters ended up too, but they declined.'

'Someone must've stopped those letters another way then,' Harvey reasoned.

Mike nodded, 'Exactly, now, you worked at the DA's office at the time. I asked Donna who could've done this, we both thought of jealous exes. But apparently, they had to work at the DA's office to stop them, because the letters weren't addressed to your apartment but to your work address.'

Harvey frowned, 'I've never dated anyone from the DA's.'

'That's what Donna said... so we figured... there had to be another motive. We looked at everyone that worked there and...'

'And what?'

'Apparently secretary's gossip... a lot.'

Harvey rolled his eyes, 'Yes, I'm very aware of that.'

'Who could it be? Huh? Except for the shadiest person in the entire department?'

Harvey looked at him in confusion until anger took over, 'Cameron Dennis.'

'The secretary said that he claimed to do it for the good of your career. He said: "Love is nothing but a distraction from his reality, he just doesn't realise it yet. So for now I need to help him out a little."'

'I'm going to kill him.'

Mike's eyes widened, 'You can't, he used to be your boss.'

'Well, he's not anymore,' Harvey snapped, 'maybe not kill, how about beating him up?'

Donna walked inside, 'Don't ask, I was listening in. Can I join the fight?' Mike looked at her in confusion, making Donna shrug, 'I just hate the bastard.'

'I wouldn't go, Harvey,' Rachel said as she rushed inside, 'you need to go to the airport.'

Harvey glared at Donna, 'Did you let everyone listen in?'

Donna shot him a smile and looked at Rachel, 'Why would Harvey go to the airport?'

Rachel looked at Harvey, 'Because Leonard Bailey is out of prison and so is Mike.'

Harvey frowned, 'Why would--'

'She's leaving,' Donna muttered as the realization hit her, 'Kyra is leaving.'

***

Kyra smiled and waved once she saw the same elderly woman from her first flight, she waved back and signalled for her to walk over. 'It didn't work out?' she asked Kyra.

'Well, yes, no. I don't know. But I don't think he needs me anymore,' Kyra told her.

'I'm Margaret, I don't think I told you my name the first time we met.'

'No, you didn't. It's nice to see you again Margaret.'

'So, young girl, why did it not work out?'

Kyra shrugged, 'It wasn't really, we didn't really have that much time to really talk things through. I mean, he did say he didn't stop writing. It almost seems like he still cares.'

'So why are you at the airport?'

Kyra smiled, 'I... I barely made it through the first time we fell apart. How can I... I can't put myself through it again. Besides, we... It's been so long.'

Margaret shook her head, 'You can't live your life in fear my dear, it wouldn't be living.'

***

Harvey ran and ran, Rachel, Mike and Donna following behind him as he bursted through the doors. He scanned the room, but there were so many people.

'Excuse me! Excuse me, has flight 7106 departed yet?' Harvey asked desperately.

The woman behind the desk looked up, 'I will check, sir.'

Harvey bit his lip, Rachel grabbed Mike's hand and Donna blurted out: 'Hurry, please!'

The woman smiled kindly and looked at her screen, 'I am afraid it has. Would you like for me to check if any other flights will...'

Harvey's chest felt hollow, he looked at Mike, Rachel and Donna. All the same blank expressions, none of them could hear the woman that rambled on.