VII

Kyra walked into the office, een though yesterday she hadn't been able to do anything except sitting there and feeling bored

Kyra walked into the office, een though yesterday she hadn't been able to do anything except sitting there and feeling bored. Harvey was too busy with everything he had to do, in fact, everyone was. She wanted to help so badly, but it was like they were all control freaks and didn't want to pass the strings that held everything together. In a way, Kyra knew why, because she was new. And she was different.

'Hello Jessica,' Kyra greeted her, 'I am really sorry for asking this, especially now... But is there any chance I can get an early pay check?'

Jessica looked up from her desk, 'You've been working here for a few days, if you'd been here for ten years it would be fine. But you haven't.'

Kyra nodded, 'That's okay, I understand. Thank you.'

A sigh escaped from Jessica's lips once Kyra turned around, 'Please sit down.'

Kyra glanced at the successful business woman and did as she was told, Jessica continued, 'What do you need it for?'

Kyra looked down and scratched her neck, her cheeks becoming a little rosy, 'To pay for the apartment. New York, pretty expensive city.'

'Yes it is, but Harvey told me you were a successful lawyer. It shouldn't be that hard.'

Kyra forced a smile, 'Yeah... I do pro-bono cases. It doesn't really make much. I mean, I could pay everything. I have a small apartment and help out my parents some times, I can afford to go to a restaurant once in a while. But I'm renting an apartment in New York now, so there are the extra cost.'

Jessica eyed Kyra up and down, the girl was wearing her silly things again. A set of yellow leggings, a dark blue skirt with a print of butterflies and a matching yellow blouse. Jessica couldn't imagine how she'd look in court, how a judge could take her seriously. Harvey must be so blinded by the fact that she's his childhood friend, to actually believe that she is a good lawyer.

'Why are you here?' Jessica wondered out loud.

Kyra was taken back by the blunt question, 'I... I explained that. I'm here to help your firm.'

Jessica smiled, 'Donna could've called anyone, I know you are a friend of Harvey's... But Donna is persuasive, she could've asked anyone to come here. Yet, she chose you.'

Kyra looked down at her hands, 'I suppose. She didn't just call me for the firm, ' Kyra hesitated and looked up at Jessica, 'She called me because she was convinced I could be there for Harvey. She's wrong, of course. What do you expect? It's been fifteen years.'

'Fifteen years of not seeing each other?'

'Yes, we were a little more than friends. It didn't work out.' Kyra answered.

Jessica's eyes widened, but quickly adjusted, 'So... How did Donna convince you to come here?'

A chuckle left from Kyra's mouth, 'It's stupid,' a sigh followed, 'When Harvey left, he kissed me goodbye. He grabbed the bumblebee I had pinned in my hair and he took it with. Donna told me he still had it, I suppose it was hope.'

Jessica smiled even though sadness clouded her thoughts, Harvey had traded it for the sake of the her firm. He didn't have it anymore. She looked down at her desk and opened her computer, going to her financials.

'I paid you your first salary, use it wisely.'

Kyra nodded and checked her phone, her eyes widening, 'Oh my god. I can't accept that, that's... that's way too much.'

Jessica shook her head, 'No. It's not. As long as you work hard enough to earn it.'

Kyra smiled, 'Thank you.'

'You're welcome.'

***

Jessica walked by and crossed Rachel, she sighed and turned around. 'Rachel?'

She turned towards her, 'I'm sorry?'

'Your Pro-Bono, I've found the right candidate to help you out. She's an official lawyer and can help you on the case, she's done these cases for her entire life. Bring me te files tomorrow morning, I'll tell her to meet me.'

Rachel froze and as Jessica was about to walk away she called out: 'Jessica, I'm sorry. Can I just ask why?'

'What does it matter?'

'It matters to me.'

'I've been out all day trying to drum up business and it hasn't been easy. So from now on, when people Google our name, I'd rather they see, "innocent man freed by Pearson Specter" than "Manhattan law firm hires a fraud."'

'Thank you,' Rachel answered, a small smile on her face.

'Good night, Rachel.'

***

'Good night, Kyra

'Good night, Kyra.' Harvey told her as she closed the door and she went upstairs to her room, only to be greeted by her friend.

'Oh my god! You have to tell me everything!' Louisa exclaimed, 'He's so into you!'

Kyra gasped, 'No! Why would he be?! Every time I speak to him he looks at me like I'm stupid.'

'To be fair, you are pretty stupid.'

'Yes, but he doesn't know that yet,' Kyra argued as they laid on the bed, giggling.

Louisa set up straight, 'You've got to ask him out, or tell him how you feel, or both.'

Kyra rolled her eyes and grabbed a chocolate bar, breaking it in two, 'Yes, I'll do exactly that. You know what I should do too? Make him a note asking if he wants to be my boyfriend and tell him to circle yes or no.'

'I'm being serious, you two... You're like a dream couple, Romeo and Juliet.'

Kyra snorted, her mouth filled with chocolate as she answered, 'You know they died right?'

Louisa's eyes widened, 'Hey! Spoilers! I haven't watched it yet!'

Kyra giggled as she took another bit of her chocolate, 'Your fault, Romeo and Juliet is a classic, you should've watched it already.'