Chapter6. Avery Vanderbilt's Intro

Avery Vanderbilt knew what he was supposed to do

Avery Vanderbilt knew what he was supposed to do. Not stalk Talon Beaufort. Yet, his impulses never listened. Why? Why couldn't he have some basic self-respect and not follow his brother's best friend around like a lovesick puppy? 

He shook his head berating and promising himself that today was the last day he did that.

'My car broke down and my phone was accidentally set on airplane mode' he muttered to himself rehearsing his lie as he stepped out of his perfectly working car starring at the front of his house. It was eight at night and he should've been home hours ago when school let out he huffed looking down at his iPhone that he had deliberately turned off earlier.

Like the omen of ill-fortune his mom's shiny white car was parked next to his older brother's lime green sports car at the curb, what was he doing home? 

Brendan was supposed to be out helping dad at the office.

Avery swore and touched the hoods of both cars. Cold! He looked up to his older brother's window the light was on. Shit! dead man walking. Brendan would instantly know what he was out late doing.

Something useless like voluntarily staying late to study at the school library, well that's the excuse he used on people; his older brother Brendan knew the truth though. 

The senior library was attached next to the engineering lab where his brother's best friend Talon Beaufort liked to study in after school and every Friday Avery would sit at the edge of the library guy watching-singular form.

Avery wouldn't talk to Talon, in fact, when Talon was enrolled in the private academy everyone was scared of him, everyone. Rumours suggested that Talon was in bloodthirst gang that The Beauforts were planning on doing a movie on.

One kid whose dad was an attorney at the district office even provided evidence that proved that Talon had been arrested for trespassing into the big five buildings with other gang kids to steal. One of the buildings belonged to his family however his parents never spoke on it.

 The parents' committee had even at some point attempted to get his enrollment revoked.

Some kids were moved schools, 'away from the dangerous hoodlum', the media reported colourful exposes on the Beauforts speculating that they were fostering the kid for publicity because honestly who files to foster a teenager? The reports grew even more colourful and animated when they adopted him and donated a two million dollar building and sports fund to the school but anyone who knew business was aware the funding was less charity than it was a bribe to the faculty.

During the time of the uproar Talon would sit alone, talk to no one and as time progressed the faculty board were his biggest fans being that he was bright in school with exceptional merit and intelligence. The student council was still divided with some of the kids still frightened of the rumors that surrounded him, the others mostly girls shamelessly tried to capture his eye that's when another rumor dropped that he was gay.