Chapter 4 - Last Day Of School

(Chapter 4- Last Day Of School)

“I can’t believe that today is the last day of school. We’ll be seniors next year.” I gleamed.

“Yep and summer break is going to be awesome too!” Chase said.

“Yeah right. I’ll I’m doing is hanging at the pool and filing papers at my dad’s office. Not much of a summer.” I said bummed.

“I’m sorry Well’s.” He said wrapping an arm around me.

“What’s your plans?” I asked.

“I don’t wanna say.”

“Why?”

“Because it will only bum you out more.” He answered.

“It’s alright just tell me.” I said.

“I’m leaving for Italy tomorrow.” He smiled.

“What?” I shouted.”How?”

“My grandparents live there and I’m going to learn about the family business or something.” He said.

Hmm that’s funny. I never knew his grandparent’s lived in Italy. I wonder why he never mentioned it. I bet he was super happy to be going to see them again.

“What is the family business?” I asked curious.

“Don’t know but I guess I’ll find out.” He laughed. “Come on lets go to Ian’s for the last time before I leave.”

-------------

Ian’s

Chase and I ordered our food and we decided to play a game of pool before it came.

“I’ll break.” Chase announced.

“No way, you broke last time. I’ll break.” I said.

“Fine.” He groaned.

After the game was over I so gently rubbed it in his face I want.

“How does that foot taste?” I joked. “You said I’d never win.”

“Yeah yeah.” He said.

“Aww don’t be sad.” I said to him like a baby. “I’ll let you win next time.”

“Foods here.” He said walking from the table board.

We sat down and ate our meal with me joking he was a poor looser and how I would still win a rematch. He hated when I won because I never let him live it down but that was because it didn’t happen often.