Chapter Thirty-Eight.

Start from the beginning

 “Abigail, we promise to never let anything happen to you again.” Skyler Sir said when he noticed my lightly bruised arms. He looked like he wanted to say something else, but kept quiet. I gave him a look to go on and he hesitated, but cleared his throat, “Your dad got into a bar fight a few days ago.” he said.

I looked at him in surprise, “What? Well…is he alright?”

 “Yeah, he’s fine. But he’s going to be in jail for a couple of months.” he said. “You and Tyler only had a month and half left with us, but your mother isn’t sure if she can’t take care of you both while your father in jail. When we get back to Vermont and in a few days, she’s going to hand you guys over to us longer.”

 “How much is a longer?” I asked.

 “About a year.” he said and my mouth dropped. He smiled and nodded, “You’ll be seventeen by then, meaning you’ll only have one more year until your eighteen. Maybe we can’t talk your mom into divorcing your dad by then—if you don’t mind trying to do that.”

I have no problem with that at all. I shook my head, ‘No, I don’t mind.”.

 “If your mom complete the AA meetings, maybe she’ll get herself together and take care of Tyler.” he said. “Things could be looking up, Abigail.”

“Maybe.”, I said.

After waiting a half hour, a doctor finally came out and looked at the four guys confused. Skyler Sir got up, “I’m the father, these are his brother.”

The petite doctor blushed up at him and smiled, “Oh, okay.” she said, giggling a little. “Well, Matthew is going to be alright. He’s a strong boy, took it like a man.”

 “I’m sure he did.” Skyler said. “Can we see him?”

 “Sure. Follow me.”, she said, turning around and we all followed her to the room Scott was in.

When we got to his room, Scott was sitting on the bed in a white t-shirt gown and sweat pants. He looked up from where the shot wound should be and looked at us. “H-hey dad.” Scott said nervously.

Skyler Sir just grimace at him.

 “I should get paper work for you to fill out.” the doctor said to Skyler Sir.

 “No problem.” he said and she left.

Skyler Sir walked over to Scott, “Come on, get up. We better get out of here before she comes back. I’ll talk to you later, Scott and believe me, what your mom will be worse then what I’ll give you. You know how terrified she was? Going to find Abigail one thing I complete understand and get, but a gang? How stupid could you be? '

 Scott got up from the bed, holding his side with a painful look, “Stupid enough to get myself shot, I guess. I had to get Abigail out of here tonight, you guys wouldn’t have made it in time.”

  “Let just get you out of here.” Skyler Sir said, sounding irritated.

 “I can’t just walk out of here.” he said.

 “No one much at the entrance and both the twins could distract the nurse at the front desk.” he said, looking at the twins and they nodded, leaving the room. Skyler put his hands on his son neck, looking him in the eyes, “And Scott, don’t ever put yourself in harm way again like that. You almost died from that car crash and could have died tonight, I don’t want to lose a son.”

 “I’m sorry, dad.” he said.

 “Sorry my ass.” he said. “Cause knowing you, you’ll do something again.”

Scott grinned, “Hopefully it’s doing something fun next time.”

“Come on, let get out here quickly.” Skyler Sir said and walked towards us.

Scott put his arm around me and put an arm around his waist as we walked out. When we came close to the entrance, we heard the twins flirting with the young nurse.

 “I have never seen such light pretty green eyes before.” Shay said.

 “I agree.” Tristan said.

 “Have you ever consider modeling before becoming a nurse? I think you would do really well.” Shay said.

Skyler Sir kept to make sure everything was safe to go. “Okay, walk quickly.” he whispered to us and we nodded.

Scott took a deep breath before we walked towards the entrance. We wouldn’t have to walk by the desk, but if the nurse even turns her head slightly and see us, we’re in trouble.

But we made out with no one seeing us or stopping us. But we’re sure we should make it to the car and out of here before someone realizes and tries to find us. It took a minute to get the car and Skyler helped Scott in the family van. I climbed in next to him and Skyler Sir and Skyler got in the front.

It took a few moments until Shay and Tristan hopped in the van.

 “Ready to go home?” Shay asked us.

 I smiled at them, “Like I have never been before.” I said, which is true. Before with my dad, home was a never place I wanted to go. I only went home for Tyler and because I knew I have nowhere else to go. But going with Scott felt just right.

Now time to only deal with one more person. If Gabe ever shows his face again.